Ugliest college uniforms

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Ugliest college uniforms

Post by Golddore68 »

Other than UT, what do you consider to be the ugliest college football uniforms?

Mine are:

1. Oregon. Their uniforms are gaudy and hurt my eyes to look at them. Over the past few years they’ve had a lot of different ugly uniforms. They even had a gaudy bright pink uniform once (for cancer awareness I think). Their colors always clash. I think they do it on purpose to distract opponents.

2. West Virginia. They do have gold in their uniforms, but they mix it with a bright shade of blue. The different mixtures those colors have created in their uniforms over the years have made for some gaudy ugly uniforms. And they wear gray uniforms every so often too which are hideous.

3. Clemson. They have the same ugly orange as UT but they have a dog paw on their helmets. It looks high school-ish. It’s supposed to be a tiger claw but it looks just like a dog paw to me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for ugliest uniforms?

3rdFloorDyer
Captain

Re: Ugliest college uniforms

Post by 3rdFloorDyer »

People who live in glass houses...
Georgiadore
Captain

Post by Georgiadore »

Golddore68 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 pm Other than UT, what do you consider to be the ugliest college football uniforms?

Mine are:

1. Oregon. Their uniforms are gaudy and hurt my eyes to look at them. Over the past few years they’ve had a lot of different ugly uniforms. They even had a gaudy bright pink uniform once (for cancer awareness I think). Their colors always clash. I think they do it on purpose to distract opponents.

2. West Virginia. They do have gold in their uniforms, but they mix it with a bright shade of blue. The different mixtures those colors have created in their uniforms over the years have made for some gaudy ugly uniforms. And they wear gray uniforms every so often too which are hideous.

3. Clemson. They have the same ugly orange as UT but they have a dog paw on their helmets. It looks high school-ish. It’s supposed to be a tiger claw but it looks just like a dog paw to me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for ugliest uniforms?
I have heard that they actually used a tiger's footprint to get the paw design. May be a legend but I don't know.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Our all-white uniforms are pretty plain & ugly!!! We are Black & Gold!!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Anything with a checkerboard design that looks like it was inspired by an old bag of Purina.

2kidsthere
Rear Admiral

Post by 2kidsthere »

University of Maryland
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

As much as I dislike ut, and the sherbet orange, at least they have stuck to a basic look and made it iconic.

I guess some would argue that Oregon has made their inconsistency iconic, in an interesting twist, but I would have to vote for their choices as the #1 offender of good taste. Maryland would be #2, if not #1a.

Clemson’s orange and purple is pretty bad, even if you ignore the cartoonish paw print. Those colors seem like an odd pairing to me. Virginia Tech’s maroon and orange sounds as bad, but they tend to pull it off a little better. A different shade of orange maybe.
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

coachinwaiting wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 pm As much as I dislike ut, and the sherbet orange, at least they have stuck to a basic look and made it iconic.
Except when they wear the gaudy hideous “Smokey Gray” uniforms.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

Golddore68 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:04 pm
coachinwaiting wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 pm As much as I dislike ut, and the sherbet orange, at least they have stuck to a basic look and made it iconic.
Except when they wear the gaudy hideous “Smokey Gray” uniforms.
Very true. I will never understand the trend toward "alternate" colors or uniforms.
Locked Previous topicNext topic