Just a heads up about games on TV this coming year

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Just a heads up about games on TV this coming year

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

You may (probably will) have to subscribe to/pay for ESPN+ to see every Vandy football and basketball game this year, even the home games. I'd completely forgotten about this little nugget from the new ESPN deal with the SEC:

More immediately in regards to coverage of SEC football, it was also announced on Thursday that ESPN+ will have the right to stream one non-conference football game and two non-conference men’s basketball games per SEC school each season starting during the 2021-2022 academic year. In total, ESPN+ will carry up to 14 non-conference football games and up to 20 non-conference men’s basketball games annually, per the network.

That will require some SEC fans to purchase an ESPN+ subscription, which costs $5.99 per month or $49.99 annually, in order to view those games. Another option would be for viewers to bundle the ESPN+ subscription with Hulu and Disney+ for $12.99 per month.

I'd bet money on the ETSU opener being on ESPN+. (Note--this is the premium streaming service from ESPN. It's not WatchESPN, nor is it the SEC Network+.)

Or, you can buy a ticket and attend the game in person!

https://247sports.com/Article/SEC-new-T ... 156572595/

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: Just a heads up about games on TV this coming year

Post by vandy05 »

I've had ESPN+ for a couple of years now. I have found it to be worth the price. Its required if you want to watch UFC PPV events which is why I first bought it. But you can also watch UFC prelim content on there. I'm able to watch VU baseball through ESPN+. And I've introduced my daughter to a number of women's sports through it. She and I watch lots of women's softball, track and field and others. You can watch so much on there. Its pretty neat how easy it is to watch virtually any sporting event. They had the Atlantic-10 swimming meet the other day. There were probably 75 people watching that on TV.
Locked Previous topicNext topic