Patriots.com story on Joejuan Williams' graduation

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Patriots.com story on Joejuan Williams' graduation

Post by BrentVU »

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Patriots.com story on Joejuan Williams' graduation

Post by Seadog73 »

Great story, thanks for linking it here.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

A young man with sound priorities. Wish he would have stayed another year, but given that he has now graduated, it was the right decision for him to go pro.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

LawoftheWest wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:55 pm A young man with sound priorities. Wish he would have stayed another year, but given that he has now graduated, it was the right decision for him to go pro.
As a counterpoint, I would say that it was always the right decision for him, even before he walked across the stage. He finished his degree requirements with his graduating class but couldn't walk last year because of the pandemic. He is just getting the chance to walk this year. Several guys that he matriculated with will also walk at a ceremony in the coming weeks, but they just finished their requirements this year. The only difference is that JoeJuan also has two years in the NFL under his belt to go with his degree. Talk about hustling!

I want to give this young man his full credit due and for me I have no questions about his judgment or the decisions he has made.
Locked Previous topicNext topic