Tony Barnhart's way-too-early SEC East predictions

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Tony Barnhart's way-too-early SEC East predictions

Post by BrentVU »

Tony points out that Vandy's defense was dead last in the FBS last year in passes-completed-against: 73.4%. Mason just didn't have the players back there. We made several QB's look a lot better than they were.

https://www.si.com/college/tmg/tony-bar ... s-sec-east

JWCommodore
Rear Admiral

Re: Tony Barnhart's way-too-early SEC East predictions

Post by JWCommodore »

I'm gonna optimistically hope for 3 conference wins. Likely a fools hope, but I'd love to beat South Carolina, UT, and one of the teams from Mississippi. I would consider it a home run season if we could pull that out. I expect to beat ETSU & UConn, and I expect very tough games against against Stanford & Colorado St. I expect we lose to the rest of the SEC teams we play.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

I like that coach doesn't want QB to be a shared position. Competition is healthy and hopefully both guys have a great summer and are able to put their best foot forward come the fall. I think our season will be up and down, but solid QB play will go a long way.
bernstml19
Lieutenant

Post by bernstml19 »

I love vanderbilt and want us to win, but with our D in the secondary it's going to be a tough year. Coach gets a pass on this one.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

vandy05 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:40 amI like that coach doesn't want QB to be a shared position...
Despite the misquote "If you have 2 QBs, you don't have any.", the correct quote applies to almost every situation not involving Steve Superi- I mean Spurrier: "If you have 2 starting QBs, you don't have any."

& the 2nd is like unto it (from a commercial during Titans games): "It's been said that offense wins games, but defense." WHA? Doesn't even make sense. "Offense puts butts in the seats, but defense wins championships."
BamaVandyFan
Chief

Post by BamaVandyFan »

Walk before your run.....Float before you sail.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

We're gonna suck next season. I'm looking to year three.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

With apologies to the great spaghetti westerns, the SECE is best described in my view as The Good, The Mediocre, and The Struggling.

Georgia and Florida are going to be good, Georgia probably the better of the two. Kentucky and Missouri are mediocre and will be battling for the middle again. The other three teams all have new coaches and staffs, and they are likely to struggle again this season. The question is who comes closer to getting back on their feet. Indications are ut is not shaking off its doldrums of 2020 well. Carolina and Vandy are taking great leaps of faith with never-before head coaches, but VU’s seems to be more comfortable in his skin and position. My guess is that the Gamecocks and orange-clad hillbillies will trade places all season in the cellar and one finishes there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic