DB Donovan Kaufman enters the transfer portal

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

DB Donovan Kaufman enters the transfer portal

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

This would be a big loss if he follows through. He was a major part of CDM's last recruiting class.

[tweet][/tweet]

buffy
Vice Admiral

Re: DB Donovan Kaufman enters the transfer portal

Post by buffy »

If he's looking to transfer now, then he has his reasons. It's clearly not because he thinks the staff and administration are not committed to success. Good luck Donovan.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Here is Donovan's goodbye message:

[tweet][/tweet]
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Well that stinks. Hate to see him leave.
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

Seadog73 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:26 pm Well that stinks. Hate to see him leave.
Same .
He's going to be a great college football player.
I'm bummed he's leaving.
Podge91
Rear Admiral

Post by Podge91 »

The end of the semester draws nigh... I know nothing about him, but I would imagine that the academics are a contributing factor to some transfers - not necessarily his, but who knows?
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

From last year's defense at the beginning of the season, these players have entered the transfer portal:
Tae Daley, S
Dontye Carriere-Williams, CB
Dimitri Moore, LB
Frank Coppet, S
Colin Anderson, LB
Tre Douglas, S
Donovan Kaufman, S

Who am I forgetting? Quite an outflux of experienced talent. Williams, Moore and now Kaufman were arguably the best players at their respective positions.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Really sorry to see him go.
He was one of my best hopes for improved play in the secondary next season.
In just two games it was obvious that he has elite level "football IQ." Seemed to always be in the right place at the right time and the defense fell apart after he was injured.
I had marked him as a future all-time great Commodore.
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

quite arguably our single best offensive and defensive player hit the portal.

We will survive. It is disappointing. I will root for them where they wind up.

The CDM departure and final season goose egg will leave some marks. I like the direction we are headed.
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Podge91 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 pm The end of the semester draws nigh... I know nothing about him, but I would imagine that the academics are a contributing factor to some transfers - not necessarily his, but who knows?
That was unnecessary. Why didn't you just start it with "Some people say?"
kay1092
Commander

Post by kay1092 »

Another player who obviously doesn't value a Vandy education and playing time. Let's purge as many as we can because if you don't want to be here, we don't want you.

I also think this "wishing you well" messages are complete BS. Don't come here if you aren't going to stay here. Leave after you get your degree, leave for the NFL. You leave for another school I don't wish you well
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

kay1092 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:09 am Another player who obviously doesn't value a Vandy education and playing time. Let's purge as many as we can because if you don't want to be here, we don't want you.

I also think this "wishing you well" messages are complete BS. Don't come here if you aren't going to stay here. Leave after you get your degree, leave for the NFL. You leave for another school I don't wish you well
Wow. I left a job once because I was unhappy. Pay was good, people were nice, something just didn't fit. I left on good terms and was soon replaced. When I started the job I had intended to stay a long time. I wish him well.
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Post by Minoadoc »

kay1092 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:09 am Another player who obviously doesn't value a Vandy education and playing time. Let's purge as many as we can because if you don't want to be here, we don't want you.

You must be confusing playing football in college for the military, where even the academy kids can transfer after one year. Its playing sports in college. Kids who don't play sports transfer all the time for various reasons. And if you think this is just Vandy, look around. Nearly 1500 in the Bball portal, the same number in the Fball portal. I think you need to lighten up a little, Francis
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

baseball1234 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:55 am

Wow. I left a job once because I was unhappy. Pay was good, people were nice, something just didn't fit. I left on good terms and was soon replaced. When I started the job I had intended to stay a long time. I wish him well.
Right? Its almost as if some don't want people to have a choice in where they pursue their education and athletic career. I left a job last year that I thought I would be at for a very long time as well. It wasn't because I didn't value the job, the people, the pay, etc. It was because something else was better for me.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I guess loyalty is something that is only for us senior citizens. Today, it is all about "me."
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

I’m sorry he is leaving. He was absolutely electric whenever he was in. A super d-back and superior return man. I was really looking forward to seeing him again this year. And he would absolutely help our defense. Best wishes wherever he ends up.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Some thoughts about his destination:

[tweet][/tweet]
frstev17
Captain

Post by frstev17 »

Mason recruited him. Auburn would be the most likely landing spot.
jpmando
Commander

Post by jpmando »

Well the interest for us long term alumni/fans( since age 6 ) is fading-speaking for myself. The no loyalty, give me what I want and deserve-it will be easier to ignore all this noise and look for things that are positive in life.
Im afraid college athletics is in self destruct mode-look for many major program to spiral down-and ultimately end due to financial losses. Eventually the bean counters prevail, mostly.

Not that many will care-except those of our vintage.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

jpmando wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:48 pm Well the interest for us long term alumni/fans( since age 6 ) is fading-speaking for myself. The no loyalty, give me what I want and deserve-it will be easier to ignore all this noise and look for things that are positive in life.
Im afraid college athletics is in self destruct mode-look for many major program to spiral down-and ultimately end due to financial losses. Eventually the bean counters prevail, mostly.

Not that many will care-except those of our vintage.
College athletics is in a major transition and its of their own making.
Locked Previous topicNext topic