DB Donovan Kaufman enters the transfer portal

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

kay1092
Commander

Re: DB Donovan Kaufman enters the transfer portal

Post by kay1092 »

too many people took issue with my statement and I'm not going to respond to each. I stand by my statement. If you come to Vandy to get the best education and play in the SEC at the same time, yes, I do not wish you well when you say you want to go to Auburn or some other place. You can graduate and go, you can go to the NFL and I will wish you well. But if you go somewhere beneath our academics before graduating you shouldn't have been here at all. And yes, I do not wish you well. You could have not come here in the first place and picked a place unlike Vanderbilt. Hopefully we start to recruit people who want to be here. These people are all gone, and you can't say Vandy didn't treat them well they all played minutes and would have gotten a great education. Instead, they should have never come here in the first place.

Tae Daley, S
Dontye Carriere-Williams, CB
Dimitri Moore, LB
Frank Coppet, S
Colin Anderson, LB
Tre Douglas, S
Donovan Kaufman, S

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

kay1092 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:55 pm too many people took issue with my statement and I'm not going to respond to each. I stand by my statement. If you come to Vandy to get the best education and play in the SEC at the same time, yes, I do not wish you well when you say you want to go to Auburn or some other place. You can graduate and go, you can go to the NFL and I will wish you well. But if you go somewhere beneath our academics before graduating you shouldn't have been here at all. And yes, I do not wish you well. You could have not come here in the first place and picked a place unlike Vanderbilt. Hopefully we start to recruit people who want to be here. These people are all gone, and you can't say Vandy didn't treat them well they all played minutes and would have gotten a great education. Instead, they should have never come here in the first place.

Tae Daley, S
Dimitri Moore, LB
Frank Coppet, S
Colin Anderson, LB
Tre Douglas, S
Donovan Kaufman, S
None of us know the lives or experiences of these young men. While it is a shame to lose them from the team, there is more to life than academics or football. VU isn’t the most inviting environment for everyone (I say this having earned both my Bachelors and Masters degrees at VU). And this post does embody much of the sentiment that a number of other fan bases dislike about some Vandy fans. As much as we like to criticize fans of other schools for boorish behavior, elitist behavior can be just as bad. Being gracious and accepting that these young men made the decisions they saw to be in their best interest would be wise.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

kay1092 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:55 pm too many people took issue with my statement and I'm not going to respond to each. I stand by my statement. If you come to Vandy to get the best education and play in the SEC at the same time, yes, I do not wish you well when you say you want to go to Auburn or some other place. You can graduate and go, you can go to the NFL and I will wish you well. But if you go somewhere beneath our academics before graduating you shouldn't have been here at all. And yes, I do not wish you well. You could have not come here in the first place and picked a place unlike Vanderbilt. Hopefully we start to recruit people who want to be here. These people are all gone, and you can't say Vandy didn't treat them well they all played minutes and would have gotten a great education. Instead, they should have never come here in the first place.

Tae Daley, S
Dimitri Moore, LB
Frank Coppet, S
Colin Anderson, LB
Tre Douglas, S
Donovan Kaufman, S
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

50 years ago, that was absolutely the situation. 40: mostly. 30 50/50. If Vanderbilt insisted on that the way things currently stand, the Commodores will be less competitive in the SEC than they are now. The options at this point are: (1) stay in the SEC and accept one-, two-, three & dones or (2) drop to DIV II, III or NAIA. I can see why fans would be in favor of either. But we can't have both.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

vandy05 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:23 am
jpmando wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:48 pm Well the interest for us long term alumni/fans( since age 6 ) is fading-speaking for myself. The no loyalty, give me what I want and deserve-it will be easier to ignore all this noise and look for things that are positive in life.
Im afraid college athletics is in self destruct mode-look for many major program to spiral down-and ultimately end due to financial losses. Eventually the bean counters prevail, mostly.

Not that many will care-except those of our vintage.
College athletics is in a major transition and its of their own making.

It could be that you and jpmando are both right. A death-spiral is a KIND of transition.
Locked Previous topicNext topic