6 Months from now -

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

2kidsthere
Rear Admiral

6 Months from now -

Post by 2kidsthere »

Do you think that we will be watching College Football games with full stadiums through the country - ?

commadore
Admiral

Re: 6 Months from now -

Post by commadore »

In most places. At VU, probably 50%.
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

It would be a unifying, healthy development. So, no.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

I don't think so, and we probably shouldn't. For outdoor stadiums I think we could/should see something in the 40-50% capacity. For indoor stadiums I would be a little more hesitant and would think you probably need a little more spacing.

But that could always change. I think there is a potential that things get substantially better between now and then. I would mostly say that fortunately that decision doesn't have to be made right now.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Yes probably
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

My only concern is the third of the population that refuses to get vaccinated.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

vujoe wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:59 pm My only concern is the third of the population that refuses to get vaccinated.
Good point, and I would actually be curious to know the percentage of rabid college football fans who fall in that category... because I would suspect a high correlation.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

vujoe wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:59 pm My only concern is the third of the population that refuses to get vaccinated.
I have a feeling, Joe, that 6 months from now you will have to show your vaccination papers to board a bus, stand in line at the DMV, and attend a college sporting event, along with just about everything else.

Does 3M make those laminating sheets? What’s its Ticker Tape symbol?
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

It's a miracle we ever eliminated smallpox...
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

VUaskew wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 am It's a miracle we ever eliminated smallpox...
Conspiracy Theorizing was relatively primitive in those days.
We've made great advancements since then.
Soon we will have people not believing in gravity.
Vandy84
Ensign

Post by Vandy84 »

Of course there is gravity.
How else are we kept from flying off this flat Earth?
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Agree with Versus 75, the next shoe to drop is going to be the requirement of a "Vaccine Passport" to enter pretty much any PUBLIC event. The people in charge now want total control over the population as it pertains to movement. Masks, distancing, and proof of vaccine are going to become standard fare. The "Dud" will not host a crowd of 41,000 for several years I predict. (Even if we played Bama or Georgia)
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

I find it fascinating to be able to observe Darwinism happening at a rapid enough rate that the effects are readily obsrvable.

What % of UT fans will be dead for 22 Season due to game related infections this Fall?

Regards,
MtnVandy

#beatETSU
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

DS2001 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:43 pm Agree with Versus 75, the next shoe to drop is going to be the requirement of a "Vaccine Passport" to enter pretty much any PUBLIC event. The people in charge now want total control over the population as it pertains to movement.
I can’t tell if this is serious or another conspiracy theory joke...
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

I think stadiums will be full. By that time, everyone who wants a vaccine will have had the free opportunity. Those that don't, operate at their own risk. Ultimately, severe disease is the real concern. The three approved vaccines are astonishingly effective against severe disease. If the spreading variants significantly increase the amount of severe disease in vaccinated people(I've seen no data saying that), then some kind of reduced attendance would be advisable. Otherwise, fill them up.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

buffy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:29 pm I think stadiums will be full. By that time, everyone who wants a vaccine will have had the free opportunity. Those that don't, operate at their own risk. Ultimately, severe disease is the real concern. The three approved vaccines are astonishingly effective against severe disease. If the spreading variants significantly increase the amount of severe disease in vaccinated people(I've seen no data saying that), then some kind of reduced attendance would be advisable. Otherwise, fill them up.
Reasonable take assuming the current trends continue. And no reason at this point to think that they won't. Plus, stadiums are outside. Someone with COVID who is coughing outside is like someone peeing in the ocean. Put vaccine protection on top of that and the risk is extremely limited.
NWOHDore
Lieutenant

Post by NWOHDore »

vandy05 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:55 am
buffy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:29 pm I think stadiums will be full. By that time, everyone who wants a vaccine will have had the free opportunity. Those that don't, operate at their own risk. Ultimately, severe disease is the real concern. The three approved vaccines are astonishingly effective against severe disease. If the spreading variants significantly increase the amount of severe disease in vaccinated people(I've seen no data saying that), then some kind of reduced attendance would be advisable. Otherwise, fill them up.
Someone with COVID who is coughing outside is like someone peeing in the ocean. Put vaccine protection on top of that and the risk is extremely limited.
Outside or not, I'd still prefer not to be packed shoulder to shoulder with a coughing COVID carrier.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

NWOHDore wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:01 am Outside or not, I'd still prefer not to be packed shoulder to shoulder with a coughing COVID carrier.
The beautiful thing about this country is that you get to choose. Cheers.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

buffy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:40 pm
NWOHDore wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:01 am Outside or not, I'd still prefer not to be packed shoulder to shoulder with a coughing COVID carrier.
Also not my preference, but if I'm vaccinated then I'm much less concerned about catching COVID from someone. But as buffy says, we all get to choose. You could always buy three seats in a row so you have your own built-in social distancing!
NWOHDore
Lieutenant

Post by NWOHDore »

vandy05 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 am
buffy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:40 pm
Also not my preference, but if I'm vaccinated then I'm much less concerned about catching COVID from someone. But as buffy says, we all get to choose. You could always buy three seats in a row so you have your own built-in social distancing!
The Dud perfected social distancing decades before COVID.
Locked Previous topicNext topic