Vol fans gotta love the Irony

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Vol fans gotta love the Irony

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Former Heisman Trophy runner-up Oklahoma quarterback Josh Heupel announced as new vol head coach as three vol players transfer to Oklahoma.

Actually, they don't do irony. And I don't think many of them love Heupel, either.

https://collegefootball.nbcsports.com/2 ... -oklahoma/

commadore
Admiral

Re: Vol fans gotta love the Irony

Post by commadore »

I heard him on the SEC radio network yesterday discussing numbers. He said they lost the guys to Oklahoma and a 5 star defensive tackle from California who was going back west. Then he said, word for word (I will swear on a stack of Bibles), "I don't know how they ever got him to come to Knoxville in the first place; well, I guess I really do know."
I almost ran off the road I was laughing so hard. Not sure I'd have said that.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

commadore wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:45 pm I heard him on the SEC radio network yesterday discussing numbers. He said they lost the guys to Oklahoma and a 5 star defensive tackle from California who was going back west. Then he said, word for word (I will swear on a stack of Bibles), "I don't know how they ever got him to come to Knoxville in the first place; well, I guess I really do know."
$$$$$$$ at the big Mac!!!!!
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

The real question is why he is in Knoxville if he believes in doing things right - talk about changing culture! VU will have an easier time moving to a winning culture than UT moving away from losing and cheating to a winning culture. Winning at any cost turns out to be very expensive.
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

commadore wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:45 pm I heard him on the SEC radio network yesterday discussing numbers. He said they lost the guys to Oklahoma and a 5 star defensive tackle from California who was going back west. Then he said, word for word (I will swear on a stack of Bibles), "I don't know how they ever got him to come to Knoxville in the first place; well, I guess I really do know."
LOL. Atta boy, Josh! At least he's honest.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

DeefromAtlanta wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm Former Heisman Trophy runner-up Oklahoma quarterback Josh Heupel announced as new vol head coach as three vol players transfer to Oklahoma.

Actually, they don't do irony. And I don't think many of them love Heupel, either.
It’s hard to do irony if you don’t know how to set up that “irony board” thingy. 8-)
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

Learning to lose "the right way" will be quite a culture change for the University of Tennessee Mercenaries.
GrumpyOldDore
coachinwaiting
Admiral

Post by coachinwaiting »

I hope the administration and Coach Lea are paying attention to what is going on in Knoxville. If Vanderbilt doesn’t take advantage of the next half dozen or so years of UT turmoil, it won’t ever happen.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Vol fans can neither appreciate nor spell irony.
MurofVandy
Captain

Post by MurofVandy »

oakparkDore wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:11 pm Vol fans can neither appreciate nor spell irony.
They spell it the way they say it.

Arnie
DannyJoe
Seaman

Post by DannyJoe »

coachinwaiting wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:59 am I hope the administration and Coach Lea are paying attention to what is going on in Knoxville. If Vanderbilt doesn’t take advantage of the next half dozen or so years of UT turmoil, it won’t ever happen.
The irony.......
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Funny this post should get bumped right about now. Preseason nobody would have circled the Uut game as a likely win. However, I suspect at least some might have considered it an upset possibility given the state of affairs to the east and the fact that VU had enjoyed a modicum of success against them, even during the Mason era(error?). Sadly, it sure doesn’t seem as though that history is likely to repeat in the near future.
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

Coach Lea should pick up vawl QB Harrison Bailey in the transfer portal, get their playbook and bring him in against them as soon as he’s eligible. Would be funny as hell especially if we picked up a win.
Locked Previous topicNext topic