SECC PREDICTIONS?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

SECC PREDICTIONS?

Post by mtnvandy »

The AUB D’s 53 minutes of shutout ball v Bama has me thinking UGa & -6.5 Is a bargain.

UGa’s D may well out score Bama’s O.

Query:
What was Uga’s best win this year? Have they beat any team currently in Top 10?

REGARDS,
MtnVandy

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: SECC PREDICTIONS?

Post by BrentVU »

Yes, you almost have to favor Georgia this year. Alabama has looked unusually vulnerable at times, and Georgia has been machine-like in rolling to its 12-0 record. That defense is real, as we personally witnessed. Getting points against them is next to impossible. But the fly in the ointment is that Saban is the Darth Vader who comes up with something when the chips are down. Should be a great game, and I'm actually rooting for Georgia and the SEC East.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

With the SEC really wanting 2 in the CFP you have to think officiating will play a factor. However even with that help, UGA still a touchdown better would be my guess.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

A point-to-ponder. What if 2 ex-Saban assistants beat him this year when none ever have before?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

There are a number of reasons to favor the Bulldogs in this one. But one factor in Bama's favor, even more than the Saban factor IMO, is that they have the better QB. I predict that Young will play very well and be the deciding factor in a game that Alabama wins by a touchdown, say 29-23.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

I want to see 2 SEC teams in the playoffs so I'm rooting a bit for Bama in a close win. I think Georgia is probably double digits better than Alabama on any given day - we shall see what happens TODAY.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Never thought I'd say this but I'm pulling for the bammers and hope they win.
Don't like Kirby and the last thing I want is another dynasty to arise to replace Saban in his waning years. I wanna see a little more parity for a while.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

No SEC team has held the Dawgs under 30. The most points scored against them was 17 by UTK. Assuming Alabama is better than anybody they've played, and that Bama gets Georgia's best game, I'm guessing Alabama 37, Georgia 34.
secchamp
Lieutenant

Post by secchamp »

With the way both trans have looked recently, I'm saying Georgia by 10. However, You can't ever rule Saban out. It will be interesting to see how much the refs favor Alabama on this game
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

Not so fast my friend.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

VU1970 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:54 pm No SEC team has held the Dawgs under 30. The most points scored against them was 17 by UTK. Assuming Alabama is better than anybody they've played, and that Bama gets Georgia's best game, I'm guessing Alabama 37, Georgia 34.
Good call, but even YOU didn't expect the near blowout!
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

commadore wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:21 pm
VU1970 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:54 pm No SEC team has held the Dawgs under 30. The most points scored against them was 17 by UTK. Assuming Alabama is better than anybody they've played, and that Bama gets Georgia's best game, I'm guessing Alabama 37, Georgia 34.
Good call, but even YOU didn't expect the near blowout!
I didn’t. Are they keeping Kirby Smart on suicide watch?
Versus75
Admiral

Re: SECC

Post by Versus75 »

I was pulling for Georgia because I would like to see the Final Four mixed up a bit, but unless Iowa makes a big comeback in the next 20 minutes of play I don't see any change among the participants. The order could switch up with Bammer or Michigan no. 1, Georgia 2 or 3 and still Cincinnati.

On the positive side, getting another SEC team into the CFP has to mean more bowl money to split among the conference schools. A CFP game pays more and one or two of Bammer/Georgia could play an extra big-payoff game.

That's another million or so for Vanderbilt to spend on something other than athletics.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I hit the nail on the head in my preview:

It’s hard to believe the SEC regular season has come and gone but now it’s on to 13, maybe more bowl games involving SEC teams. First things first though, the Crimson Tide meets the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game. Alabama does seem a little down but do not be fooled. This Bama team is loaded. I’m picking Alabama to come out on a mission and beat Georgia. This means however, that Georgia could later play the Tide again, maybe for the national title. It’s very difficult to beat a good team twice in a season in college football. Look it up if you want. But again, I think this weekend Nick Saban and his boys prove some things to their doubters.

https://14powers.com/sec-football/12471 ... alabama-2/
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

admin wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:35 am I hit the nail on the head in my preview:

It’s hard to believe the SEC regular season has come and gone but now it’s on to 13, maybe more bowl games involving SEC teams. First things first though, the Crimson Tide meets the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game. Alabama does seem a little down but do not be fooled. This Bama team is loaded. I’m picking Alabama to come out on a mission and beat Georgia. This means however, that Georgia could later play the Tide again, maybe for the national title. It’s very difficult to beat a good team twice in a season in college football. Look it up if you want. But again, I think this weekend Nick Saban and his boys prove some things to their doubters.

https://14powers.com/sec-football/12471 ... alabama-2/
Good call, Don. I didn't see it coming. Bryce Young played the game of his life, and added himself to Bama's rich lore. If there is a rematch, it should be epic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic