What I Love About Stackhouse

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

What I Love About Stackhouse

Post by MemorialMagic »

I think there are still some question marks that Stack needs to address. So I’m not going to declare that he’s THE guy.

But what I really appreciate is

1. He is a competitor. He doesn’t back down from anyone or any team and I think that rubs off on the team.
2. No excuses. We’ve lost critical players to injury every year he’s been here. He has never dwelled on it. Never complained. Quite frankly, rarely mentions it. His attitude is. It’s unfortunate. I hate for the player. I hate it for the team. But it’s a part of the game and the rest of the guys are good enough. Next man up. It sounds so simple. But after listening to Bryce moan and whine about losing Darius Garland after practically every game. It’s a welcome change.

Organizations take on the attitude of their leaders. Those two things alone have created a better culture and tougher mindset for the program.

Kind of unrelated, but he’s the best interview of any coach out there. Tells it exactly how he sees it. No coach speak, vague generalities. I think that’s also good for the culture. But also just fun as a fan.

Is he the guy? Still needs to prove that he can get us playing better earlier in the season and build and manage a sustainable roster. But he’s certainly got things moving in the right direction.
Last edited by MemorialMagic on Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Re: What I Love About Stackhouse

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Great recap. I think he is The Guy and I am one of the ones who never gave up on him. I think he is smart, really loves his players and always has their best interests at heart. The parents of the players recognize this. His interviews are awesome!
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Foreverhopeful wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:45 am Great recap. I think he is The Guy and I am one of the ones who never gave up on him. I think he is smart, really loves his players and always has their best interests at heart. The parents of the players recognize this. His interviews are awesome!
I’m part of the stackhouse loyalists as well. It’s nice over here.I’ve never seen a teams identity match the head coach as much as this team.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

It was fun seeing several of the "agenda" posters get a big plate of crow to eat.

THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

I still can’t get over the coaching atrocity that was Dew’s last year here. 0-18. With 3 future (at least borderline) NBA players on the roster. Not including Garland. What a complete disaster. H.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

MemorialMagic wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:11 am I still can’t get over the coaching atrocity that was Dew’s last year here. 0-18. With 3 future (at least borderline) NBA players on the roster. Not including Garland. What a complete disaster. H.
5 total:
Garland*
Matt Ryan
Simi Shittu
Saben Lee
Aaron Nesmith
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

MemorialMagic wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:11 am I still can’t get over the coaching atrocity that was Dew’s last year here. 0-18. With 3 future (at least borderline) NBA players on the roster. Not including Garland. What a complete disaster. H.
It happened. Get over it. Move on. Tired of being reminded of it. Over and over. Oh, and he clapped a lot too.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Don't leave out Yanni Wetzell - professional basketball player for Berlin of the EuroLeague.

He didn't do much while on West End...that can happen when the big man coach is an investment banker who also happened to be drew's brother-in-law. Did you notice how he started shooting 59% when he got to SDSU and doubled his scoring average?
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Boy- I totally forgot about Yanni Wetzell!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Even bringing it up made me throw up in my mouth a little. Glad that pretender is GONE.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

geeznotagain wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:16 am
It happened. Get over it. Move on. Tired of being reminded of it. Over and over. Oh, and he clapped a lot too.
Agree. The past is the past.

In my view we should continue to look to the future. I think Stack is our man. He is smart, has integrity, knows the game, passionate about our players, heads up guy, on and on.
utahozzie
Commander

Post by utahozzie »

Stack earned my respect when he benched Tyrin at Alabama because he was willing to lose a game to teach a young man a valuable life lesson. I also love how he responds to aria gersons first grade questions.

Stack has earned more time in my book
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:59 am It was fun seeing several of the "agenda" posters get a big plate of crow to eat.

THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!
Please explain what you mean by "agenda" Be specific, and then back it up with facts.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

baseball1234 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:24 am
MrMemorial wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:59 am It was fun seeing several of the "agenda" posters get a big plate of crow to eat.

THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!
Please explain what you mean by "agenda" Be specific, and then back it up with facts.
There is a "no coffee shop topic" rule on here. As far as "agenda" posters... if the shoe fits, wear it.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Check my posts. Stack won me over when he got that double technical and lost his sh*t. I posted it. He is easy to root for because of his passion for winning and his no nonsense attitude. That said, you are dog whistling and what you are really doing is accusing people of being racist. You see Stack based on the color of his skin and therefore make it off limits for anybody to criticize him. Racism will never end until it is ok to criticize people of all color, no matter the color of the person who is being criticized. People have a right to be disappointed with the results - those same people called for Mike Baxter's head in the beginning of the baseball season. Stack has not gotten over the hump. I hope that he does because I am a Vanderbilt fan.
Locked Previous topicNext topic