Jordan Wright

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: Jordan Wright

Post by VUaskew »

VU1970 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:25 pm I would give Jordan Wright the benefit of the doubt rather than question his loyalty.
where, exactly, was that done?

Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

VUaskew wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:33 pm
VU1970 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:25 pm I would give Jordan Wright the benefit of the doubt rather than question his loyalty.
The original post. It says if Jordan leaves there’s no loyalty in college basketball anymore lol. One the wildest comments I’ve seen in a while.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Obvious wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:11 pm
VUaskew wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:33 pm
The original post. It says if Jordan leaves there’s no loyalty in college basketball anymore lol. One the wildest comments I’ve seen in a while.
Sorry it’s not the original post. It was dorelover82.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

The longer he considers things I suspect the better chance he will come back to finish business.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

charlestonalum wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:00 pm The longer he considers things I suspect the better chance he will come back to finish business.
I wonder if he’s the first domino. No one has entered the portal yet which surprises me.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

No one? Stute went in the portal a while back.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Seadog73 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:10 pm No one? Stute went in the portal a while back.
I’ve talked about stute in the portal quite a lot. I wasn’t counting him since he joined the portal before the season was over.
I was anticipating some of the younger players would have got their name in the portal by now.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Gotcha. Sometimes I see things too literally.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Like I wrote above - no news is good news
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I think Wright has done all he can do. He regressed this year and I don't really see a huge upside to his ability. I like Jordan but would not be surprised if he left for a better grad degree(fit).
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Nashmann wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:05 am I think Wright has done all he can do. He regressed this year and I don't really see a huge upside to his ability. I like Jordan but would not be surprised if he left for a better grad degree(fit).
Nash, better look at the film since we lost Liam. Without the play and leadership of Wright we wouldn't have won most that we did and I invite you to study the end of the UK game in Lexington in particular. We need him back if for nothing more than senior leadership, but he has a lot more to offer than that - especially defensively.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:24 am
Nashmann wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:05 am I think Wright has done all he can do. He regressed this year and I don't really see a huge upside to his ability. I like Jordan but would not be surprised if he left for a better grad degree(fit).
Without the play and leadership of Wright we wouldn't have won most that we did and I invite you to study the end of the UK game in Lexington in particular. We need him back if for nothing more than senior leadership, but he has a lot more to offer than that - especially defensively.
This. x100.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:11 am
charlestonalum wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:24 am
Without the play and leadership of Wright we wouldn't have won most that we did and I invite you to study the end of the UK game in Lexington in particular. We need him back if for nothing more than senior leadership, but he has a lot more to offer than that - especially defensively.
This. x100.
Agreed. Jordan took it to another level after he was benched vs Florida. Kinda how Tyrin stepped up after being benched vs Alabama. Jordan is my current favorite player and Tyrin is our best player. I would love for both of them to get an opportunity in the NCAA tournament.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

Agree, would be great for the team if he comes back. Happy that the Coach will have Jordan's, rather than the team's, best interest in mind as he speaks with Jordan and his family about Jordan's next step.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Also, he was playing with a bad back. I have a bad back and have no idea how he could do that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic