Early Wish List

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

jeff93
Lieutenant

Early Wish List

Post by jeff93 »

I know we usually do these after the season is over, but I can't help myself.

My wish list for the off season:

1. Manjon continues to develop a reliable 3-pointer. He will be even more deadly offensively, and the team will really benefit if his defender cannot sag off of him.

2. Jordan returns.

3. Colin builds on successful freshman year.

4. QMB develops some offensive moves.

5. Tyrin continues to improve his 3-point shooting.

6. One of the freshmen earns sold time in the rotation, somewhat similar to Colin this year.

7. Dort and Dia make solid advances in all aspects of their games.

8. Noah Shelby earns time in the rotation.

9. Paul Lewis develops further into PG of the future.

#1, #2, and #3 are the ones that really excite me.

geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: Early Wish List

Post by geeznotagain »

I would add: we find a reliable power forward — either from recruitment, current bench, or the portal — who can knock heads, rebound, and other power forward stuff. Not stand around on the perimeter and launch 3’s.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

geeznotagain wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:22 pm I would add: we find a reliable power forward — either from recruitment, current bench, or the portal — who can knock heads, rebound, and other power forward stuff. Not stand around on the perimeter and launch 3’s.
That cannot happen without someone else leaving. We are currently at the scholarship limit.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

I’m not sure if stackhouse has space for a brute power forward. That hasn’t really fit into his teams. He likes the stretch 4 (disu, Colin). We have QMB that does the dirty work and he’s about the only person we can have that doesn’t offer scoring.
Vandy6
Chief

Post by Vandy6 »

UNC sophomore Dontrez Styles has entered the portal. He played for CJS travel basketball team and they’re from the same hometown. Styles a 6’6 guard didn’t get much PT this year but is a former 4* recruit. Could be a nice replacement for Stute if he can reliably knock down an outside shot.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Vandy6 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:13 pm UNC sophomore Dontrez Styles has entered the portal. He played for CJS travel basketball team and they’re from the same hometown. Styles a 6’6 guard didn’t get much PT this year but is a former 4* recruit. Could be a nice replacement for Stute if he can reliably knock down an outside shot.
Committed to Georgetown tonight.
Locked Previous topicNext topic