Dort and Dia ?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

janvandy66
Ensign

Dort and Dia ?

Post by janvandy66 »

I do not see much improvement in Dort and Dia at all. Also we can't afford to lose Lawerence on a portal transfer, he is the best player overall that we have coming back, I havn't heard anything on him not playing here next year and hope that I do not but everyone knows what happens in this world that we live in, I hate the portal but we did get Manjon that way I think.

Dsdore
Ensign

Re: Dort and Dia ?

Post by Dsdore »

They’re freshman. Give Stack time to work his magic.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

Geez, let's not count them out just yet.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Dort is a freshman big man who got little playing time behind two upperclassmen, then was out with an injury just now coming back.
Dia is also a freshman and although he has some good height, banging around in the low post will probably never be his strong suit.
Both Dort and Dia got thrown in emergency roles to defend a stud upperclassman big man.
When Dort is a junior defended by a recently injured freshman with minimal playing time, he'll make the frosh look bad too, while Dia will be creating matchup nightmares for his teammates.

I hope Lawrence stays too.
He is growing into his potential and I still don't think he's hit his ceiling.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

I have been slightly surprised not to see them more ... either in the SECT when we had to play on consecutive days or in these NIT games after Stute left the team and opened up minutes for other guys.

Definitely hope we keep the two of them though. Dort will be a beast at some point in the future ... I would be sad if he is beasting against us instead of for us.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Lawrence isn't going anywhere. Stack has worked wonders with him. I think Shelby is the biggest risk to lose.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

alathIN wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:12 am Dort is a freshman big man who got little playing time behind two upperclassmen, then was out with an injury just now coming back.
Dia is also a freshman and although he has some good height, banging around in the low post will probably never be his strong suit.
Both Dort and Dia got thrown in emergency roles to defend a stud upperclassman big man.
When Dort is a junior defended by a recently injured freshman with minimal playing time, he'll make the frosh look bad too, while Dia will be creating matchup nightmares for his teammates.

I hope Lawrence stays too.
He is growing into his potential and I still don't think he's hit his ceiling.
Still, is it too much to ask Dort to raise his hands when playing defense? He is big enough that he could intimidate players driving the lane. Instead, he just stands there and lets them shoot. I have seen this over and over and over and he NEVER raises even a finger. As the president would say, COME ON MAN.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Commadore, your comment reminds me of something written earlier this year about Luke Kornet. He puts both hands up on D even when a few feet away. And it seems to have the desired effect of causing many misses even tough he doesn't touch the ball.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

OP generally stirs the pot. Just saying.
Dort and Dia are excellent finds in this class and I hope they stick around. Both will develop into excellent players.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Can we at least make it through the season to start speculating on the departures? Unless, of course there is reason to believe that someone else is going to go the Stute path and leave the program before the next game.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

This is a silly post by the OP. Functionally useless.

War Pigeon!!
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

The “Lawrence portal rumor” is the ultimate trolling
janvandy66
Ensign

Post by janvandy66 »

Who the hell is OP ?
Locked Previous topicNext topic