not even 1st 4 out...

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BooMax
Lieutenant

not even 1st 4 out...

Post by BooMax »

we had to beat AM to have a chance..

Solid coaching job to finish the year but you cant lose to Grambling and LSU because nor lose by 57 to anyone.

We lose so many players this year, hopefully we can get a good big to replace Liam

GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Re: not even 1st 4 out...

Post by GoheenFan88 »

I thought we were only losing Liam and Ansong? Wright is still tbd.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

BooMax wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:42 pm we had to beat AM to have a chance..

Solid coaching job to finish the year but you cant lose to Grambling and LSU because nor lose by 57 to anyone.

We lose so many players this year, hopefully we can get a good big to replace Liam
Dude: What team are you following? We lose Liam. We have a lot of good young talent and dependable upper class men. Join reality. We're going to the tournament next year. Mark my words.
BooMax
Lieutenant

Post by BooMax »

buffy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:00 pm

Dude: What team are you following? We lose Liam. We have a lot of good young talent and dependable upper class men. Join reality. We're going to the tournament next year. Mark my words.
was looking at Sr status, Dude
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

I wonder what players he thought we were losing.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Didn't matter.

Duke won the ACC. 5 seed. A&M beat us to go to the SEC Finals. 7 seed.

The SECT had no bearing on our status at all. THe A&M game meant nothing. Not even sure if the UK win did.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

BooMax wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:02 pm

So you don’t actually follow the team?
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Obvious wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:10 pm
BooMax wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:02 pm

So you don’t actually follow the team?
You look at the roster for the first time on selection Sunday and share what you just learned.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

His previous post about VU basketball was January 2nd to complain about our coach...after a win.

Sounds like one of the "agenda" posters.
TnValleyDore
Rear Admiral

Re: Point to ponder

Post by TnValleyDore »

At least from an SEC standpoint, did the last two weeks matter AT ALL? Looks like the selected teams and seedings were chosen about two weeks ago and only an otherwise out conference champion would have changed that. I honestly don’t think beating A&M yesterday would have mattered. Bracket looks pretty much like projections from late February.
Obvious
Captain

Re: Point to ponder

Post by Obvious »

TnValleyDore wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:25 pm At least from an SEC standpoint, did the last two weeks matter AT ALL? Looks like the selected teams and seedings were chosen about two weeks ago and only an otherwise out conference champion would have changed that. I honestly don’t think beating A&M yesterday would have mattered. Bracket looks pretty much like projections from late February.
I don’t think the sec tournament matters one bit. It didn’t matter for a&m last year.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

Short of winning the SEC, they weren't letting us in.
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Post by Minoadoc »

Did someone count the number of teams we beat, vs the number of teams that beat us.
BooMax
Lieutenant

Post by BooMax »

Around brain surgery / neuro rehab, yes I have had limited exposure to all the Vandy news this year. Some posters are poor excuses of respectful humans toward others and why posting isnt fun or popular on Vandy sites anymore.

regarding last post (Jan 2nd as noted), If anyone thinks Stack had done even a decent job coaching and roster management at that time and up until the 10-1 run, Im sorry we differ on that opinion.... and factually roster mismanagement w/stubborn use of timeouts cost at least 4 wins and NCAAT bid.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

We could have been in the bottom 4 of the SEC and lose the first game in the SEC tourney and would be in the same situation we are now (NIT bound)! How do you come back from the disappointment of being dismissed after 2 hard fought wins against Ky and others? We need to put one of our math grad students on this NET ranking system before scheduling next years opponents, beat everyone by running up the score and not lose by 57 points to anyone, ever again! Lessons should be learned from this fiasco!!!
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Who were the first four out aside from OK State?
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

BooMax wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:04 pm Around brain surgery / neuro rehab, yes I have had limited exposure to all the Vandy news this year. Some posters are poor excuses of respectful humans toward others and why posting isnt fun or popular on Vandy sites anymore.

regarding last post (Jan 2nd as noted), If anyone thinks Stack had done even a decent job coaching and roster management at that time and up until the 10-1 run, Im sorry we differ on that opinion.... and factually roster mismanagement w/stubborn use of timeouts cost at least 4 wins and NCAAT bid.
If you recently had brain surgery then I do apologize. I wish you the best moving forward.
Last edited by Obvious on Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

BooMax wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:04 pm Around brain surgery / neuro rehab, yes I have had limited exposure to all the Vandy news this year. Some posters are poor excuses of respectful humans toward others and why posting isnt fun or popular on Vandy sites anymore.

I had an acoustic neuroma with severe vertigo in the spring of 2018, had the Gamma Knife procedure at Wake since Vandy medical didn't have it...vestibular rehab therapy...follow-up brain MRIs...etc...

In 5 years, I never once went on here to whine about it and try to solicit pity. (even though I'm deaf on that side now)
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:31 pm

I had an acoustic neuroma with severe vertigo in the spring of 2018, had the Gamma Knife procedure at Wake since Vandy medical didn't have it...vestibular rehab therapy...follow-up brain MRIs...etc...

In 5 years, I never once went on here to whine about it and try to solicit pity. (even though I'm deaf on that side now)
I don’t think we’re poor excuses. Can’t really claim many players are leaving when it’s not factual at all. I begin to question how much you know about the team and whether what you say has any validity.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

BooMax, sorry about your neurosurgery. You may have missed it that Q and Manjon have already said they plan to be back because they get an extra COVID year of eligibility. Most of the players will be back. Will miss Liam, for sure.
Locked Previous topicNext topic