LOL! Joe Lunardi says VU is not in the tournament when they are 12-7 in the SEC

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

LOL! Joe Lunardi says VU is not in the tournament when they are 12-7 in the SEC

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

With wins over Kentucky (at Rupp), Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State (all supposedly in even though several are seeded below us) and Pittsburgh, and have won 9 of our last 10 SEC games including three road wins (three of those basically without Liam Robbins, perhaps the best player in the league, including at Rupp).

Is he not even trying?
Is he even awake?
Does he have no self-respect?

His take on VU is laughable.

I feel sorry for him.

mathguy
Rear Admiral

Re: LOL! Joe Lunardi says VU is not in the tournament when they are 12-7 in the SEC

Post by mathguy »

Sadly, I am having trouble finding *any* "expert" out there treating us better.

And while its only the people in the committee that matter, the resounding consensus (for example, being completely whitewashed off ever poll that Bracket Matrix covers) that I see on line is ... disturbing.

EDIT: I just double checked bracket matrix, unlike this morning, there is now ONE bracket projection that has us in the field, out of the 102 they list)
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Re: LOL! Joe Lunardi says VU is not in the tournament when they are 12-7 in the SEC

mathguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:35 pm Sadly, I am having trouble finding *any* "expert" out there treating us better.

And while its only the people in the committee that matter, the resounding consensus (for example, being completely whitewashed off ever poll that Bracket Matrix covers) that I see on line is ... disturbing.

EDIT: I just double checked bracket matrix, unlike this morning, there is now ONE bracket projection that has us in the field, out of the 102 they list)
The truth is we proved on the court and in the league that we are better than Arkansas, Auburn and Mississippi State, who are all somehow supposedly in, so I don’t care one bit about what these supposed experts say.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

It doesn't matter what Lunardi says the people below count and have to wonder if the Alabama guy and more important the UNC AD will push for us. UNC AD didn't hire Stack and would look real bad if we get in and they don't. (That's my conspiracy story and sticking to it.)

Chris Reynolds AD equivalent Bradley
Charles McClelland SW Conf commish.
Dave Heeke AD Arizona
Bemadette MGlade Atl. 10 Commish
Martin Newton AD Samford
Jamie Pollard AD Iowa State
Bubba Cunninham AD UNC
Mark Coyle AD Minnesota
Tom Wistrcill Big Sky Commish.
Greg Byme AD Alabama
Keith Gill Sun Belt Commish.
Barry Collier AD Butler
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

mathguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:35 pm Sadly, I am having trouble finding *any* "expert" out there treating us better.

Perhaps it’s herd mentality. Most of those bubble teams look the exact same. Aside from the “bracketologists” a lot of those that cover college basketball say we are deserving. We will have our answer in 2 days.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

charlestonalum wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:10 pm It doesn't matter what Lunardi says the people below count and have to wonder if the Alabama guy and more important the UNC AD will push for us. UNC AD didn't hire Stack and would look real bad if we get in and they don't. (That's my conspiracy story and sticking to it.)

Dave Heeke AD Arizona
Martin Newton AD Samford
Bubba Cunninham AD UNC
Mark Coyle AD Minnesota
Greg Byme AD Alabama
Barry Collier AD Butler
Exactly.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:01 pm
charlestonalum wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:10 pm It doesn't matter what Lunardi says the people below count and have to wonder if the Alabama guy and more important the UNC AD will push for us. UNC AD didn't hire Stack and would look real bad if we get in and they don't. (That's my conspiracy story and sticking to it.)

Dave Heeke AD Arizona
Martin Newton AD Samford
Bubba Cunninham AD UNC
Mark Coyle AD Minnesota
Greg Byme AD Alabama
Barry Collier AD Butler
Exactly.
Martin Newton. Oh, you mean the son of C.M. Newton, the former Vanderbilt head coach. That could help.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:05 pm
Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:01 pm

Dave Heeke AD Arizona
Martin Newton AD Samford
Bubba Cunninham AD UNC
Mark Coyle AD Minnesota
Greg Byme AD Alabama
Barry Collier AD Butler
Exactly.
Martin Newton. Oh, you mean the son of C.M. Newton, the former Vanderbilt head coach. That could help.
I didn't know that was CM's son: he probably does have a fondmess for us. All you need us one strong advocate.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We just aren't in the clique. Just keep on winning and they'll have to take us.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Win or lose tonight, I’m staying off of the board until Sunday evening after the selection. I can’t look at anymore rankings and brackets and assumptions. Let’s compete tonight. Go dores!
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:45 pm

The truth is we proved on the court and in the league that we are better than Arkansas, Auburn, and Mississippi State, and Kentucky, who are all somehow supposedly in, so I don’t care one bit about what these supposed experts say.
Totally concur, and updated it for you. 8-)
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

EagleDore wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:13 pm
Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:45 pm

The truth is we proved on the court and in the league that we are better than Arkansas, Auburn, and Mississippi State, and Kentucky, who are all somehow supposedly in, so I don’t care one bit about what these supposed experts say.
Totally concur, and updated it for you. 8-)
Thank you.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

SEC Network announcer says he just texted Lunardi "Where's Vanderbilt now?" and got a reply "4th team out"

Ridiculous!!!!
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

Just reported on SEC Network. Lunardi says we are still out after beating Kentucky
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

Dave Heeke AD Arizona
Martin Newton AD Samford
Bubba Cunninham AD UNC
Mark Coyle AD Minnesota
Greg Byme AD Alabama
Barry Collier AD Butler
FWIW, when a committee member’s institution is discussed, they have to leave the room.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

mathguy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:23 pm SEC Network announcer says he just texted Lunardi "Where's Vanderbilt now?" and got a reply "4th team out"

Ridiculous!!!!
LOL at Lunardi. He’s just being petty and petulant.
doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Post by doubledore9603 »

Jerry Palm the same. It’s asinine.
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

At this point we’re not even being biased. We’re better than a lot of teams that are “in”.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

Incidentally, Grambling is in the tournament.
utahozzie
Commander

Post by utahozzie »

Sad thing is, today shouldn’t matter. Should be in regardless but I’m sure everyone will say they’re out if they lose.
Locked Previous topicNext topic