last four inbounds plays

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dunc77
Ensign

last four inbounds plays

Post by dunc77 »

I had a clear view from 2F of the last four Vanderbilt inbound plays. An Ole Miss player stood behind Robbins all four times, and when the ref handed over the ball to start the play the player immediately wrapped both arms around Robbins' waist, hanging on for dear life while Robbins tried to get free. It wasn't subtle. No fouls were called. Different standards the last minute of play? They did foul a few times, but the calls weren't for that grab. The only foul called against Robbins, a few minutes earlier, was for an arm bar (which was used against him the whole game with no calls) and a possible touch with the other hand. I understand that that two hands probably got that foul called on Robbins, but grabbing a guy around the waist doesn't? I wonder how you coach a player about what is or isn't a foul when you have that happening?

If Robbins had the temperament of some of the players we've seen on opposing teams lately, the frustration could have led to some nasty stuff.

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: last four inbounds plays

Post by MrMemorial »

We also had a guy take a forearm shiver to the face and one that was on the bad end of a head butt.

The only foul called... on our guy who *got* head butted. SEC refs = bogus, shady frauds.

Not like the Auburn player was fouled shooting a 3 near the end of their game today either. (roll of eyes)
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35588948
Last edited by MrMemorial on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

And don't forget the last play where We got it to Thomas, which is what we wanted, he was fouled three times, and they said he kicked the ball out of bounds. Had that been on the streets of a normal city, it would have been assault.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

OT, but the UT player clearly stepped into the Auburn player.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Terrible no call. I hope we can beat those guys. SEC refs are hard to beat though.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Wait a minute. You guys are trying to say that SEC bball officials are incompetent, corrupt cretins ? I'm shocked , I tell you, shocked !
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

OldDude wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:07 pm Wait a minute. You guys are trying to say that SEC bball officials are incompetent, corrupt cretins ? I'm shocked , I tell you, shocked !
Are SEC refs corrupt?

We won that game by 5 points yesterday. (Spread was 4.5)

The score was clearly 74-69 when the game ended. Zero's left all across the scoreboard clock. Clearly.

A ref allows Ole Miss to shoot a layup after the game is over AND COUNTS IT. Thus the spread is covered.

Gee golly shucks... does that sound like corruption?
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I watched a replay of the last shot. While I couldn’t see the game clock at Memorial, the clock on the TV screen showed .5 seconds when the shot left the hands of the offensive rebounder.

However, I DID see the passer from the sideline on that final play clearly move his pivot foot twice before making the pass.

I guess they don’t call that anymore.

Also, when Thomas was mugged on the sideline #1 initially grabbed him with two hands. I thought that was supposed to be an automatic foul.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

The SEC refs suck messages should be pinned somewhere so we don't have 100 of these threads every season. It's kind of the DRY principal (Do Not Repeat Yourself). Oh and they do but until we allow technology to assist in a more proactive way, this will always be the case. They're human and fallible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic