Tennessee in trouble

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Tennessee in trouble

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

Dores will be ready.

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Re: Tennessee in trouble

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:35 pm Dores will be ready.
Told you so!
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

The orange fans are having a meltdown on their VolNation site. Grousing about Phillips' decision not to dunk on his breakaway and Vescovi's missed front end. Complaints about Barnes. Actually gave a lot of credit to Stackhouse for "outcoaching" UT. I will enjoy this win for a while. Go Vandy!
PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Post by PeteFox »

About passing up the dunk.....I would speculate that the last thing the UTK coach said before sending them back on the floor was "Whatever you do, don't shoot the ball...make them foul."
How many times have you seen that last "unmissable" dunk or layup get missed in the last seconds to lead to a loss?
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

PeteFox wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:28 am About passing up the dunk.....I would speculate that the last thing the UTK coach said before sending them back on the floor was "Whatever you do, don't shoot the ball...make them foul."
How many times have you seen that last "unmissable" dunk or layup get missed in the last seconds to lead to a loss?
Exactly. The kid would have had to be dead certain that he was absolutely in the clear, with no chance of a trailing block. And he would have to know that it was a 2 or 3 point lead, not 1 point—as arguably he helps us by scoring if they are only up a point. All of this is well beyond Vol comprehension levels. Best to dumb it down for him.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Barnes said after the game that the player will learn from his mistake and take the shot.

UT does not deserve Barnes - I have posted that before. They have a really good coach and good team, but those fans are not deserving of either.

As for Barnes after the game, he told Stackhouse "I am proud of you," and Stack said "that man is class and I appreciate his comment because I respect him for all he does: he does it the right way." So UT fans can blast their coach and we can recognize him for the kind of man he his. Hope he decides to leave them sooner rather than later, because he is and has been a very good coach for his entire career.
Locked Previous topicNext topic