Well...this is an interesting starting lineup

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Well...this is an interesting starting lineup

Post by Go Vandy! »

From what i read, we won't ever know what CJS's 17th season would have been. Even if if was an NC.

memphisVUalum
Vice Admiral

Post by memphisVUalum »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm
memphisVUalum wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:15 pm Kevin Stallings returned the favor to Kentucky five years later, beating them by 41 points, one of UK's most lopsided losses in their history, so nobody during the rest of his tenure was thinking about the earlier loss differential after that. Shan Foster alone had outscored UK into the 2nd half; we led 41-11 at halftime.
Great post, memphis! Though I must clarify: Neltner was the one who outscored UK in the first half. Hence one of my all-time favorite cheers: “NELTNER’S WINNING!!!”
Very interesting you say that, but the only reason I had posted what I did was this from the link I posted:
"With 20 points in the game, Shan Foster outscored Kentucky until the 13:08 mark of the second half. Foster was not the only Commodore outscoring Kentucky. Having scored the final two of his 15 points at the 18:06 mark of the second half, Ross Neltner outscored the Wildcats until the 15:35 mark of the second half."

Of course I did not see that last sentence when I was posting the link and writing the post.

I have since updated my post to reflect what I think was the situation -- that both Neltner and Foster individually were outscoring UK into some point in the 2d half.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

memphisVUalum wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:38 pm That's why we are currently on the brink of nuclear war after goading a nation by stepping over their long-stated bright line border security concerns in Nov. 2021 leading to a reactive invasion in response to our antics after we refused to use diplomacy after that, followed by our joyfully escalating sales abroad of our favorite military industrial complex missiles.
This was a long and confusing sentence for me, and its full meaning was over my head. I probably don't want or need to though, as it's likely Coffee Shoppe material.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Go Vandy! wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 am From what i read, we won't ever know what CJS's 17th season would have been. Even if if was an NC.
Jim Boeheim went on a rant the other day about "bought teams" in the ACC and named this year's Miami, Wake, and Pitt teams. Just watched Miami wipe the floor with Duke. Two things about that... maybe Boeheim has a point about Miami (?) and keep the 'Canes in mind when you fill out your brackets for a dark-horse to go deeper than expected. And why wouldn't he have the $$ to go head to head for buying players anyway? Isn't Syracuse for rich kids who couldn't get accepted at Cornell or Dartmouth. And don't they make a few buck on basketball tickets up there?

And...will Duke be in the N I T or a play-in game in Dayton vs. Utah Valley?
memphisVUalum
Vice Admiral

Post by memphisVUalum »

geeznotagain wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:47 pm
This was a long and confusing sentence for me, and its full meaning was over my head. I probably don't want or need to though, as it's likely Coffee Shoppe material.
yes it was a run-on sentence, sorry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic