TV tonight (Friday)

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: TV tonight (Friday)

Post by MrMemorial »

Nashmann wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:43 pm Dort is a beast....needs lots of PT tho....glad to see Shelby get a 3...
Mrs. Pomeroy called to say Ken was not blown away by Dort's stats this season.

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Nor is he as impressed by USM (4-0) as he is Mohead St….he had Mohead ranked 100 above USM at one point this season!
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

Question for those with more basketball insight than me. Morehead State and Southern Miss seem about the same caliber to me. What was the reason for the difference in result. Simply shooting percentage? Another year of win if we’re hot from outside and Lise if we don’t? Our bigs seemed 100% better tonight, simply competition. I didn’t watch the SM game so have no idea.
Thanks
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

I attended both games. USM had better players than Morehead State. You could see the talent of the USM players in the warmups. Their key players were strong and skilled. I suspect they were transfers. The USM talent level, combined with Vandy's cold shooting night, made for a game that was closer than it should have been. Vandy had a different starting five (no Wright), and coach Stackhouse may have been sending a message or experimenting. Either way, USM got in a groove and gained confidence from the beginning. The game was close and USM only pulled away in the last minute. I think that Vandy learned from this (the Temple game was much better). The USM loss was unfortunate, but if the lessons learned pay dividends going forward, there is still lots of room for good things to come. Go Vandy.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Difference to me was our bigs began playing down low....inside out and also Liam making some nice inside shots this time. Even a 3 lol
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Ndorefin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:48 pm Nor is he as impressed by USM (4-0) as he is Mohead St….he had Mohead ranked 100 above USM at one point this season!
Where is Mrs Pomeroy to comment on that? She seems to be AWOL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic