MBB vs WBB

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

MBB vs WBB

Post by Vandy187187 »

I'd be curious to hear what people think about who is further along. Is WBB in a better position or MBB. I think we have two great coaches, each with their own shortcomings on their teams. Who is most improved this year?

commadore
Admiral

Re: MBB vs WBB

Post by commadore »

I would say the men are currently further along. While we were pretty bad, I think the talent level was higher, but the coaching was worse. The gap is quickly closing, but I think this year the men will be better.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

It's hard to say right now. The women are being beset by the same bad run of injuries that the men have had for years.
bornadore57
Lieutenant

Post by bornadore57 »

I like the college pedigree - playing, coaching, recruiting, mentoring - which CSR brings to Vanderbilt. I like CJS, but his college pedigree is more limited, in my opinion. Bottom line, I hope they both have long and successful careers at Vanderbilt.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I'd take the men... by 2.5
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

I think men are ahead, in large part because Stack started earlier. Both programs were in serious trouble when the current coaches were hired. In my view Stack was not especially effective in recruiting during his first year or two, in part because he had not developed contacts with players, high school coaches and AAU teams, plus recruiting was new to him. Recently he has upped his recruiting game, I believe.

I do feel good about both coaches and the direction they are taking Vandy basketball. I hope we can keep them both for a long time.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

They are both being well coached and recruiting is now at SEC level with both squads. The results this year will be better for men simply because of injuries already suffered by women and Stack has a year on Shea Ralph. I really think the future is bright for both programs. Like old times.
Locked Previous topicNext topic