Jace Posey visit

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Jace Posey visit

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Jace Posey is scheduled for an official visit this weekend. He would be a great pickup at a position of need, though reading between the lines it sorta feels like VU may be lowest on his list of 4 finalists. We shall know soon enough.

https://247sports.com/Article/4-star-wi ... 191729441/

TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Re: Jace Posey visit

Post by TwoSaints »

Nice. He seems like a very solid prospect, who could contribute immediately on defense. He is certainly a great athlete: In May he broke the Texas state record in the high jump by clearing 7'4.25". That made him the #1 high jumper in the US. And obviously I remember his dad well (although he was obviously a much bigger player, at 6'8"). It's hard to tell, because CJS moved around so much in his NBA career, but I don't think he and James Posey were ever teammates. But certainly, being such a strong defender and having guarded Coach Stack on a regular basis for years, James could've told you what flavor of bubblegum Coach liked to chew. I hope we make a favorable impression on him.

Also, another small recruiting note: Isaiah West has moved up to #63 in ESPN's latest rankings.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:51 am Jace Posey is scheduled for an official visit this weekend. He would be a great pickup at a position of need, though reading between the lines it sorta feels like VU may be lowest on his list of 4 finalists. We shall know soon enough.

https://247sports.com/Article/4-star-wi ... 191729441/
Interesting grouping of finalists as well - none of the teams have had a ton of recent success with only TCU making the tournament last season and none of the teams making it in 2021. From an immediate availabile playing time standpoint as well as a quality of academics standpoint we should be at the top of the list. While Posey didn't make Pippen money he did make over 57 mil according to basketball reference so perhaps academics will play a major role in the recruitment.

Lots to like about this recruitment if we can reel him in - sons of former players have really good overall track records in basketball - Jeff Taylor, Scottie Pippen, Drew Maddux, Luke Kornet all followed in their dad's footsteps and were each really successful players with us. Plus a position of huge need for us.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

He dropped us, per verbalcommits.com
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

VUaskew wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:01 am He dropped us, per verbalcommits.com
Well that sucks. So my intuition about feeling like the odd team out was correct. I suspect that means he may have already made up his mind.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

TCU
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Ugh
Locked Previous topicNext topic