When is the next game?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Re: When is the next game?

Post by commadore »

underdog74 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:40 pm Where is Malik Dia?
#23. Not sure.

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

86-56 F
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Random thoughts:
* I think this is the most athletic Vanderbilt team in some time.
* I'd love to see our stats from three and the foul line. Seems like every time I looked up we were bricking a shot from there. We really need Myles Stute.
* As commadore noted in another post, Paul Lewis looked very good at the point.
alabamacommodore
Ensign

Post by alabamacommodore »

10 way too early takeaways from an international preseason game: 1. Colin Smith may get the most minutes of the freshmen early (backup for Myles Stute at the stretch 4?) 2. Lee Dort is gonna be really good (extremely active) although I’m not sure if he’ll get a ton of time this year. 3. Paul Lewis was much better than I expected. Looked pretty confident and hit a couple of outside shots including a nice step-back. He might be the backup PG. 4. Noah Shelby may not play as much as I was thinking (he only came in at the end of the game). 5. Tyrin Lawrence will play a lot at the 2 simply due to his athleticism. 6. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but Ansong looks like a really good garbage player (loose balls, rebounds, putbacks); good guy to have on the roster. 7. Interesting that QMB started instead of Liam. 8. We pressed/trapped a lot; I wonder if that will be an identity with a deeper roster. 9. Jordan Wright has to be the leader for this team. He looked confident. 10. Trey Thomas has to hit open 3s to get playing time. He looked streaky again like he did last year. I’m guessing he’s the backup 2 but minutes depend on his shooting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic