Vandy not in the SEC/Big 12 challenge again this year

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Vandy not in the SEC/Big 12 challenge again this year

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

It's been a while...

[tweet][/tweet]

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Vandy not in the SEC/Big 12 challenge again this year

Post by Versus75 »

The Big 12 doesn’t have enough teams.

Did you see the replies: “Missed an opportunity to send Kentucky and Oscar T to West Virginia.”
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Doesn’t it seem like it’s the same matchups every year? I understand they’re setting it up with 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, etc., but it seems like it’s always Kentucky vs. Kansas, UT vs. Texas, etc.

It would be more exciting, IMO, if they had each team in the SEC (the top 10) matched up against different teams in the Big 12 each time, or maybe make it where the same matchup can’t occur for five years.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

Golddore68 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:42 pm Doesn’t it seem like it’s the same matchups every year? I understand they’re setting it up with 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, etc., but it seems like it’s always Kentucky vs. Kansas, UT vs. Texas, etc.

It would be more exciting, IMO, if they had each team in the SEC (the top 10) matched up against different teams in the Big 12 each time, or maybe make it where the same matchup can’t occur for five years.
Their scheduling doesn't bother me. If I were in charge, that is exactly what I would do. Match up teams of approximate equal abilities. Or, would it be better for Vandy to play Kansas, I think not.
VUgearhead
Rear Admiral

Post by VUgearhead »

It's not about matchups, it's about ratings and viewership. Which explains why Vandy will probably never again be in this mix.

(Edit) - no matter how good we are.
Locked Previous topicNext topic