SEC MBB scheduling formats approved

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

SEC MBB scheduling formats approved

Post by FayetteDore »

From the SEC website:

The SEC Presidents and Chancellors approved future regular season schedule and post-season championship formats for six Southeastern Conference sports during their gathering at the SEC Spring Meetings, in preparation for the addition of Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC beginning with the 2025-26 athletic year.

The sports formats approved were men's basketball, women's basketball, soccer, men's tennis, women's tennis and softball.

Men's Basketball

Regular season: Each season a team will play two permanent opponents home and away, one rotating opponent home and away, plus the 12 remaining teams in single contests either home or away, for a total of 18 conference games.

SEC Men's Basketball Tournament: All 16 teams will compete in a single-elimination format, consistent with the current format but with two additional games. The top four seeded teams will continue to receive a bye through the first two rounds of the tournament.

I don't know the current regular season scheduling format well enough to say what the changes are. If you do, please weigh in.

Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: SEC MBB scheduling formats approved

Post by UltimateVUFan »

I believe there are currently three “permanent” opponents and now there will be two??? Could be wrong.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

It will be interesting to see who Vandy's other permanent opponent is. Tennessee seems a given, and I guess the other will be UK.
A32Win
Ensign

Post by A32Win »

At Arkansas forever...
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

A32Win wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:57 am At Arkansas forever...
Source? I don’t see anything listing the permanent opponents on SECSports.com and VUCommodores.com doesn’t have anything about the future schedule changes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic