Six games into the conference schedule

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

GoVU
Lieutenant

Re: Six games into the conference schedule

Post by GoVU »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm GoVu, the ACC is better than SEC I think.
Most years, I agree. This year I give a slight edge to the SEC.

Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

GoVU wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:38 pm
charlestonalum wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm GoVu, the ACC is better than SEC I think.
Most years, I agree. This year I give a slight edge to the SEC.
Actually, this year the SEC is significantly better than the ACC is. The SEC has teams ranked 5, 8, 11, 13, and 16th in the kenpom ratings as well as three additional teams in the top 50. That is 8 teams that are in the running for a tournament spot. The ACC has the 10th ranked team in the kenpom rankings, but nobody else in the top 30. They have only three teams in the top 50, so only 4 teams in the running currently for a tournament spot. Our leagues are about even beyond the top 100, but the SEC is clearly a better league this year.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

doubledore9603 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am
Nashmann wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:08 pm Who on this team(that played) would start on any other SEC team other than Pippen? Significant playing time besides Pippen?
Jordan wright. He's shown he's got the talent and the leadership...Needs a legit point guard serving him up and for him to not be the only scoring threat on the floor. On defense, He's one of the few with legit hustle.

I think QMB would be a great 4 on a more fully staffed squad as well.
I think a lot has to do with who else is on the team.
As the #2 scorer he draws a lot of attention from the defense.
On a team where there are 2 or three other scoring threats, Wright would be the guy who gets left unguarded and he's plenty good enough for that role. Also generally has high hoops IQ and does a lot of things well, if not spectacularly well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic