Some of you have called Auburn dysfunctional, but

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Some of you have called Auburn dysfunctional, but

Post by commadore »

they just kicked Kentucky's ass 80-71.
They also hit 24-29 (82.8%) from the foul line.
Also, they had nearly 1,000 students camping out to get into the game. When have we had 10 camp out. The team came out Friday night and brought enough pizza to feed everyone. Pretty dysfunctional, huh.

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Some of you have called Auburn dysfunctional, but

Post by Seadog73 »

It's Auburn football that is dysfunctional, and has been for a while. Pearl has the men's hoops team humming.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

I don't know if you're talking about my high-drama comment... but being really good in some sports or at some times is perfectly compatible with high drama.
For instance, calling for your coach to be fired because you lost in the Final Four (or the BCS) would be a high level of drama.
Be honest now: if I told you the above happened in an SEC school, you'd know right away which school it was.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

I was kinda thinking of jetgate with Tuberville, firing Chizik 2 years after winning a natty, the David Marsh episode in swimming (men's and women's), things like that. But you are right, in general the Auburn athletic drama has covered many years and many sports.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

alathIN wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm I don't know if you're talking about my high-drama comment... but being really good in some sports or at some times is perfectly compatible with high drama.
For instance, calling for your coach to be fired because you lost in the Final Four (or the BCS) would be a high level of drama.
Be honest now: if I told you the above happened in an SEC school, you'd know right away which school it was.
Having gone to grad school at Florida, it could have been them. The year I was there, they beat a #1 USC 13-9, then beat a top 5 Miami. Listening to the radio after the game you would have thought they lost. Then in game 4 they lost to LSU and there was an earthquake over how bad they were.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:17 pm they just kicked Kentucky's ass 80-71.
Also, they had nearly 1,000 students camping out to get into the game. When have we had 10 camp out. The team came out Friday night and brought enough pizza to feed everyone. Pretty dysfunctional, huh.
Kentucky was actually winning the game until TyTy Washington got injured. Auburn never had a lead in the first half. Kentucky was up double-digits several times.

But there is no law against being a Pearl/Auburn bandwagon fan. Go for it.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:30 pm
commadore wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:17 pm they just kicked Kentucky's ass 80-71.
Kentucky was actually winning the game until TyTy Washington got injured. Auburn never had a lead in the first half. Kentucky was up double-digits several times.

But there is no law against being a Pearl/Auburn bandwagon fan. Go for it.
Not a fan. Just respect the fact they right now have a good thing going, with administration and student support. What a novel idea.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

They are certainly poised to benefit from all the NIL changes with a guy like Pearl in charge. And I don’t care for a lot of the NIL changes and what they will do to create even further separation for upper echelon programs with big money donors. For that reason, I prefer to root against them.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:24 pm
Not a fan. Just respect the fact they right now have a good thing going, with administration and student support. What a novel idea.
LSU has a "good thing going" with administration and student support. But you won't hear me gushing over WIll Wade and his program. There's no law against it. Even though I'm disappointed in the second half disaster today, I won't be vouching to become a fan of Bruce Pearl, Will Wade, etc.

You know who else has great fan support? Ohio State football. Here... order some Buckeye swag...

https://gobuckeyes.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobC ... gJ5uvD_BwE
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:31 pm
commadore wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:24 pm
LSU has a "good thing going" with administration and student support. But you won't hear me gushing over WIll Wade and his program. There's no law against it. Even though I'm disappointed in the second half disaster today, I won't be vouching to become a fan of Bruce Pearl, Will Wade, etc.

You know who else has great fan support? Ohio State football. Here... order some Buckeye swag...

https://gobuckeyes.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobC ... gJ5uvD_BwE
Don't be an ass. I am a commodore through and through. And you know it. Was probably one before you were born. It is just there are other programs (like LSU, ut, kentucky, and Florida) that cheat a lot worse and should get the ire of the comments I have seen on this board lately.
Last edited by commadore on Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Before I was born? What are you, like 110 years old?

And there have been a whole string of "I'm gonna go pull for ________ instead" posts for years. There was a pro-Belmont one a few week ago, just before they lost at home by 22 points. Maybe that poster will be back even after their recent OVC losses since their upcoming games are against teams with the following records:

2-16
5-10
6-13
8-11
5-12
5-10 (again)

Stay tuned for Channel 5 Sports to gush over the "impressive 6 game win streak"
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

As a matter of fact, I'm putting Vanderbilt on notice. If they lose one more basketball game...just ONE... I will be totally done with it. I will be switching to Cumberland as my team. You know, the one in Lebanon TN. They are 10-5 today. I can be proud of a team that is 10-5. So if VU dares to lose ONE more basketball game, the next time you see me I'll be wearing (whatever color Cumberland wears) swag and pulling for the Cumberland (whatever their nickname / mascot is).

And this time I really mean it! :evil:

Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

The Cumberland University Phoenix: https://www.gocumberlandathletics.com/

I am not sure I can count the times I have tried to give up on the Commodores, but I can't, like the vast majority of all of you including MrMemorial. Either we are masochists or Sisyphus wanna-be's.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:11 pm Before I was born? What are you, like 110 years old?

And there have been a whole string of "I'm gonna go pull for ________ instead" posts for years. There was a pro-Belmont one a few week ago, just before they lost at home by 22 points. Maybe that poster will be back even after their recent OVC losses since their upcoming games are against teams with the following records:

2-16
5-10
6-13
8-11
5-12
5-10 (again)

Stay tuned for Channel 5 Sports to gush over the "impressive 6 game win streak"
I have said I am "out" for some period of time, but you have never seen or heard me say I was going to root for someone else. Why don't you go root for Ohio State since you brought them up.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:17 pm As a matter of fact, I'm putting Vanderbilt on notice. If they lose one more basketball game...just ONE... I will be totally done with it. I will be switching to Cumberland as my team. You know, the one in Lebanon TN. They are 10-5 today. I can be proud of a team that is 10-5. So if VU dares to lose ONE more basketball game, the next time you see me I'll be wearing (whatever color Cumberland wears) swag and pulling for the Cumberland (whatever their nickname / mascot is).

I know Cumberland well. Spent my first two years of college there before transferring to VU (cost was the determining factor here).

Oh, and they are the Bulldogs. Symbol is the Phoenix, as it was burned during the war of northern aggression and rebuilt.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:17 pm As a matter of fact, I'm putting Vanderbilt on notice. If they lose one more basketball game...just ONE... I will be totally done with it. I will be switching to Cumberland as my team. You know, the one in Lebanon TN. They are 10-5 today. I can be proud of a team that is 10-5. So if VU dares to lose ONE more basketball game, the next time you see me I'll be wearing (whatever color Cumberland wears) swag and pulling for the Cumberland (whatever their nickname / mascot is).

Dude, you are free to do what you want (as you've made quite clear), but is it really a good idea to join a new board and anoint yourself the arbiter of who is a good Vandy fan or not? The comments on Belmont were not declarations of a changing of loyalty but a admiration of the program and your first instinct is to wish the posters good riddance? I don't care how long you claim to have been a Vandy fan, you are new to the board (which has posters from the 90's, and it takes a large amount of nerve to deign to tell who are true fans or not, especially when your opening move was to crap on CEF and CKS, two of the most successful coaches of the last 40 years.

I'd try to not take things so personally - this is an internet fan board - nothing on this board really matters at all. Fans are going to vent after losses and celebrate after wins. If you get offended because people are angry after we lose, then you are in for a terrible disappointment, as this has been happening for 25+ years and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Unless of course your goal is to be the board heel, in which case you are off to a great start.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Boys, boys! Chill! We're all friends here.

Heck, Commadore called me a "pompous a--hat" on here just the other day, but then had me over to tea on the veranda at his country estate. 8-)

We few. We happy few.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

FayetteDore wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:27 pm Boys, boys! Chill! We're all friends here.

Heck, Commadore called me a "pompous a--hat" on here just the other day, but then had me over to tea on the veranda at his country estate. 8-)

We few. We happy few.
And you were, but so was I and we got it all straightened out on the fox hunt. :lol:
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

As a soon to be Cumberland fan, I am proud to remind everybody that in December 2018, the Dallas Floyd Phoenix Arena underwent renovations to put in chairback seating. (on one side)

Last edited by MrMemorial on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Jason94 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:09 pm
I try to not take things personally
OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

(get ready for the mother of all long-winded angry posts in ....3....2....1....)
Locked Previous topicNext topic