UT fans bragging about beating Vanderbilt 9 straight times

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

UT fans bragging about beating Vanderbilt 9 straight times

Post by Golddore68 »

This is how sad our program has fallen, that we can’t beat UT or Kentucky like we used to.

After we lost Tuesday Twitter blew up with UT fans bragging about beating Vanderbilt nine straight times.

Big freaking deal.

A. Vanderbilt hasn’t been relevant in basketball in the SEC since Stallings was coach.

B. One of those wins was a 88-83 overtime win over Vanderbilt in 2019. The refs gave them that one. Grant Williams got away with mugging Vanderbilt players all game, but if Vanderbilt players so much as breathed on him, they got called for fouls. A couple of times in the game, he punched the rubber things under the baskets, which should have resulted in a technical foul — he didn’t get one. I’ve seen high school players and NBA players get T’ed up for touching that in games.

C. If UT was so dominant over Vanderbilt, as their fans are bragging about, why aren’t they concerned that the game was tied with two minutes left? They should have won by a blowout if they’re that much dominant over Vanderbilt.

VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: UT fans bragging about beating Vanderbilt 9 straight times

Post by VUaskew »

More importantly, I thought UT was a football powerhouse. Is this how far they have fallen, they have to cheer for BB now? Rick Barnes ain't gonna live forever, so they'll have a chance to screw up another hire in a few years.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

So, just to be clear, in 2018, VU football fans shouldn't have bragged about being 3-0 over the Vols?
Because that 3-year period Tennessee football was at historic lows?

And even today, VU football fans shouldn't be taking solace that over the past 10 years, it's 5-5?

Just trying to get the standards straight.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
GoVU
Lieutenant

Post by GoVU »

We can’t go back to seeing close losses as moral victories. UT fans tweeting “Memorial Gym like getting 2 home games a year against our rival” doesn’t help either. Selling the student section sucked, but My seats in Section D were surrounded by blue one game and orange the next is just as bad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic