Today's FOOTBALL headline:

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Today's FOOTBALL headline:

Post by Versus75 »

"Titans change ticket policy to keep Bengals fans out of Nissan Stadium"

Versus75
Admiral

Last week's BASKETBALL headline:

Post by Versus75 »

"Vanderbilt changes ticket policy to keep Vanderbilt students out of Memorial Gymnasium"

According to this Deadspin writer, "Being inundated with thousands of opposing fans in your home stadium can be demoralizing for certain teams."

https://deadspin.com/who-dey-think-you- ... 1848395349

Did the Titans get the idea from watching "the crowd ... was all orange ... all blue" at Memorial Gym? (The words of Trey Thomas.)
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Re: Today's FOOTBALL headline:

Post by mathguy »

To be fair, the Titans have a lot more confidence in filling their stadium sans Bengals fans than Vandy did sans both students and opposing fans.

On the other hand ... are tickets still free for students? You can't run a cash grab if you know its going to turn a home game into a road crowd. That's just ... tacky.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Good thing most titans fans are also uut fans because they will have LOTS of Bengals orange up there at Nissan Field today. That little toothless publicity stunt threatening to not allow tickets to be transferred was meaningless. Vivid Seats and StubHub have plenty and they WILL be transferred in plenty time for the game. If the titans lose, this will only serve to make them look bad. It wouldn't bother me for a second if they do lose.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

mathguy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:02 am To be fair, the Titans have a lot more confidence in filling their stadium sans Bengals fans than Vandy did sans both students and opposing fans.

On the other hand ... are tickets still free for students? You can't run a cash grab if you know its going to turn a home game into a road crowd. That's just ... tacky.
It has been a while, but tickets for students used to be included in the activity fee for all sports. Unless things have changed and they do a pay per game policy, VU would have gotten their money from the students already, and opening those seats would have allowed VU to essentially double charge for them.
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:47 am Good thing most titans fans are also uut fans because they will have LOTS of Bengals orange up there at Nissan Field today. That little toothless publicity stunt threatening to not allow tickets to be transferred was meaningless. Vivid Seats and StubHub have plenty and they WILL be transferred in plenty time for the game. If the titans lose, this will only serve to make them look bad. It wouldn't bother me for a second if they do lose.
No worries.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Jason94 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:20 pm
mathguy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:02 am To be fair, the Titans have a lot more confidence in filling their stadium sans Bengals fans than Vandy did sans both students and opposing fans.

It has been a while, but tickets for students used to be included in the activity fee for all sports. Unless things have changed and they do a pay per game policy, VU would have gotten their money from the students already, and opening those seats would have allowed VU to essentially double charge for them.
That's what I recall from my student days. I had to request tickets, but wasn't charged for them (well, beyond tuition and fees). And if I recall, only the home game against UK was there any difficulty about getting tickets. But as you said, that was a looong time ago, so I had wondered if it was different now.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

MrMemorial wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:47 am Good thing most titans fans are also uut fans because they will have LOTS of Bengals orange up there at Nissan Field today. That little toothless publicity stunt threatening to not allow tickets to be transferred was meaningless. Vivid Seats and StubHub have plenty and they WILL be transferred in plenty time for the game. If the titans lose, this will only serve to make them look bad. It wouldn't bother me for a second if they do lose.
And did you guys see any of News Channel 5 this morning? It was pretty much turned into a 3 hour long titans pep rally. I wonder if the local media will reevaluate the amount of titans @ss kissing they do.
Locked Previous topicNext topic