Is everyone at the game? No posts...

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

docdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Is everyone at the game? No posts...

Post by docdore »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:17 pm
doubledore9603 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 pm The no d game? Dezonie? Dorsey?
But we have Weikert....
he played hard and doesn’t deserve any knocks.

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.44.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.44.57 PM.png (42.52 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.45.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.45.26 PM.png (44.57 KiB) Viewed 1520 times

Nashmann wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 pm No support from Admin!!! UT had a home-court advantage!!

Dude, that's 3 posts from you repeating the same message. Question: Did YOU go?

We can argue all day about the decision to keep students out (as has occurred in other threads) but once VU made that decision, they tried hard to get VANDY fans into those seats. As a football ticket holder, I got 3 emails since about New Year's offering and encouraging me to buy deeply discounted tickets to this game. Somebody else on here posted that basketball season ticket holders were offered the option to move DOWN into those students seats.

I COULDN'T go tonight -- so I'm not gonna sit here and blame VU for a few UT fans finding their way into those seats when Vandy fans didn't take them up. (See the post in the "Frustrated" thread from someone who WAS there and estimated about 20 orange fans in the student section. And that's about how it looked on TV too.)

Geez. :roll:
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

I posted much of this same information on another thread. We were at the game. The student section had maybe 20 orange-clad fans in it, the rest wore dark clothes and most of them cheered for Vandy. The UT fans were in pockets all around the gym - way up in 3L and 3F and scattered in other areas. They were loud but so were the Vandy fans. It was electric. VU was under-manned but made a valiant effort. The turnovers hurt. With a minute to go and the score tied at 60-60, the crowd was wild and the noise was deafening. Then a missed UT shot and an offensive rebound and there you go. It was a crazy game and Vandy did not play great, but it was a tremendous atmosphere. Better days are ahead. Go Vandy!
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

FayetteDore wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 pm Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.44.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.45.26 PM.png

Nashmann wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 pm No support from Admin!!! UT had a home-court advantage!!

We can argue all day about the decision to keep students out (as has occurred in other threads) but once VU made that decision, they tried hard to get VANDY fans into those seats. As a football ticket holder, I got 3 emails since about New Year's offering and encouraging me to buy deeply discounted tickets to this game. Somebody else on here posted that basketball season ticket holders were offered the option to move DOWN into those students seats.

I COULDN'T go tonight -- so I'm not gonna sit here and blame VU for a few UT fans finding their way into those seats when Vandy fans didn't take them up. (See the post in the "Frustrated" thread from someone who WAS there and estimated about 20 orange fans in the student section. And that's about how it looked on TV too.)

I couldn't go....but I'll post 10 times if I like!!! That is how mad I am.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:37 pm
FayetteDore wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 pm Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.44.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.45.26 PM.png

Yeah, don't let the facts get in the way of your head exploding. By all means, proceed. You're sort of funny to watch. :lol:
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

QMB keeps getting better! Will help down the road...
Charlie Nickens
Ensign

Post by Charlie Nickens »

docdore wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm if vols win this, it will be their NINTH straight win at memorial!?!?!! unbelievable.
I like Tom Hart, but he butchered that statement about ten times. Its "only" 6. Vandy beat UT in the home finale in what turned out to be Stallings' last home game in 2016. Six is a lot but its not 9.

Give Tennessee credit for their wins at Memorial. Even Roy Skinner had problems beating them at home. He lost 4 straight from 1969-1972 and then again in 1974 and 1975.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

FayetteDore wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 pm
Nashmann wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:37 pm

Yeah, don't let the facts get in the way of your head exploding. By all means, proceed. You're sort of funny to watch. :lol:
Glad I can entertain you lol....
Locked Previous topicNext topic