I thought for sure we’d lose after the first half

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

I thought for sure we’d lose after the first half

Post by Golddore68 »

I almost turned the game off at halftime.

Usually if you are start out not shooting well, in a road game in the SEC, you’re not going to shoot well all game. Our shooters start doubting themselves and losing confidence and the raucous opposing fans make it extremely difficult.

Tonight was an anomaly. We started out not shooting well on the road and then after halftime we were a completely different team. We were making the 3-point shots. Unreal.

Then at the end of the game we almost gave the game to them. We had an 8-point lead cut to 4 in a matter of seconds after we turned the ball over twice carelessly.

I’m glad we held on for the win.

And getting blown out by Kentucky wasn’t so bad after seeing them blow out UT today.

If we could’ve beaten South Carolina we’d have three SEC wins right now.

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: I thought for sure we’d lose after the first half

Post by charlestonalum »

The UT game is up next. VU has a better conference record than a UT team that just got blasted by UK. They (UT) are clearly beatable. We need defensive intensity and good shooting to beat them. It us unfortunate that our students will not be there so really important for all our local fans to be there to help. Wish I could get over there.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: I thought for sure we’d lose after the first half

Post by Ndorefin »

charlestonalum wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:51 am It us unfortunate that our students will not be there so really important for all our local fans to be there to help. Wish I could get over there.
What is unfortunate is that most of the locals are UT fans having jumped on the bandwagon!
Locked Previous topicNext topic