Injury Updates

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VandyBias
Ensign

Injury Updates

Post by VandyBias »

As i’m sure all of you have been wondering about the whereabouts of Liam Robbins and Rodney Chatman, here’s some updates i’ve gathered:

After Monday's win against Mississippi Valley State, Stackhouse said that he was expecting Chatman to return around six weeks after his original injury, which would be sometime in mid-December (My thinking is that he’ll ease Rodney in during the Austin Peay game on the 18th because it fits the timeline and would get him in game shape for the Hawaii trip, and that Peay is bad enough that Vandy can afford to try new things without fear of being badly outplayed) and that he hoped Robbins would be ready for SEC play. (First game is @ now 10th ranked Arkansas on January 4th)

Liam has an evaluation scheduled after the team returns from Dallas over the weekend and I assume that if all goes well they can take the boot off and start getting him in practice with the hopes that he might even be able to return by the Hawaii trip. A return before that trip would be best case scenario as odds are Vandy would play now 12th ranked BYU in the championship game. BYU is not as formidable as that ranking however as they just lost to Utah Vally (No. 164 in KenPom) last night 72-65 in overtime.

buffy
Vice Admiral

Re: Injury Updates

Post by buffy »

I will reiterate that Stack wants to be conservative about bringing them both back. He doesn't want to risk losing them for the season by rushing it.
manager65
Chief

Post by manager65 »

Do you have a update on Chatman?
manager65
Chief

Post by manager65 »

Never mind. Overlooked it. Sorry
manager65
Chief

Post by manager65 »

What kind of injury did Chatman have?
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

buffy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:35 am I will reiterate that Stack wants to be conservative about bringing them both back. He doesn't want to risk losing them for the season by rushing it.
As well he should be…it’s also about their long term health beyond this season.

Having both ready to contribute sometime early in the SEC slate would be awesome (particularly Robbins for some much needed frontcourt depth).
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

manager65 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:39 pm What kind of injury did Chatman have?
Torn meniscus.
Locked Previous topicNext topic