Peyton Daniels enters the transfer portal?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Re: Peyton Daniels enters the transfer portal?

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:26 pm
nyyankeeDore wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:10 pm
Good mixture of golden oldies.
That station used to play the theme song from the "Bonnie & Clyde" movie when I was really young. That in and of itself is not significant. It was that my cousin used to sing it everywhere she went while it was popular. She thought she could sing, but alas, not hardly. Not good, anyway. But prior to that, she was the one who introduced us to the Beatles even before the Ed Sullivan show appearance. Just based on that alone is worth cutting her some slack. Then, years later, her boyfriend had Black Sabbath on 8-track tape. I had heard of them but not actually heard them yet due to over-sheltering of the kind of suburb we lived in. Yes, we could listen to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on the radio but something like Black Sabbath? Only upstairs in the rec room if there were no parents around. We couldn't have "Boone's Farm" t-shirts until they were sold at Sears. We were allowed to watch fake cool shows like "Love American Style" and "Laugh In" but were lucky if we got to go to the theater and see "Billy Jack."

But that's a long story for a different day.
I was madly in love with the blonde in Billy Jack. Haven't thought of that movie in ages.

MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

In addition to prior disciplinary issues, I heard that Daniels came to Vandy expecting that Scotty wouldn't be here and that he would be getting a lot of minutes. Not sure what was said to him in the recruitment process, but that was his expectation. That + the disciplinary issues sounds like a recipe for transfer.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Article in the Tennessean today (blessedly not by the regular beat writer) addressed this and made a comment about Scotty coming back. Stack said it just wasn't a good fit. The article also had some interesting insights into Jordan Wright. He's apparently taking over leading the team.
Locked Previous topicNext topic