Come on, guys someone has to have some info

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Come on, guys someone has to have some info

Post by commadore »

on the secret scrimmage? We played Clempson. How did it go?!?!?

belair
Rear Admiral

Re: Come on, guys someone has to have some info

Post by belair »

Only hearing that we played very well. Zero details so far.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Most recent no-info info hints the "lips are sealed" is by agreement with Clemson.

Thus, if that is the case, there will be no details to share. Oh well.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

It just seems insane to me you can always find info out there about every "secret scrimmage" except ours. Guess as always the rules apply differently to us.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Well, look at it this way. Nothing about any injuries or horrible lapses in play.

I think that is the "no new = good news" way to go. And on Wed. Nov. 10th, the Hornets of Alabama State will be here on the back end of a back to back (they apparently play WKU the night before) so they should be nice and tired on top of having gone 4-14 last season.

If any of you live near Bowling Green Ky, there should be good seats available for the ASU game on Nov. 9th ....try to stop by and get us a scouting report and if they show it on ESPN+ I'll do the same.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm Well, look at it this way. Nothing about any injuries or horrible lapses in play.

I think that is the "no new = good news" way to go. And on Wed. Nov. 10th, the Hornets of Alabama State will be here on the back end of a back to back (they apparently play WKU the night before) so they should be nice and tired on top of having gone 4-14 last season.

If any of you live near Bowling Green Ky, there should be good seats available for the ASU game on Nov. 9th ....try to stop by and get us a scouting report and if they show it on ESPN+ I'll do the same.
I live just outside Montgomery, AL, and get a lot of local coverage re ASU. Bottom line, if we don't beat them by 25 it will be a huge dissapointment.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

commadore wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:46 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm Well, look at it this way. Nothing about any injuries or horrible lapses in play.

I live just outside Montgomery, AL, and get a lot of local coverage re ASU. Bottom line, if we don't beat them by 25 it will be a huge dissapointment.
Am I missing something, or isn't this an exhibition game against non-D1 competition? We should be able to play whatever vanilla style and go 12 deep and win handily. These games are not particularly revealing, outside of giving players who might otherwise be buried on the bench an opportunity to get extended playing time.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Jason94 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:56 pm

Am I missing something, or isn't this an exhibition game against non-D1 competition? We should be able to play whatever vanilla style and go 12 deep and win handily. These games are not particularly revealing, outside of giving players who might otherwise be buried on the bench an opportunity to get extended playing time.
They are in the SWAC which is indeed D-1 and gets an auto bid to the big dance.

I thought you of all people would know this.
4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Post by 4timenatlchamps »

Alabama State has made a handful of NCAA Tournament appearances in their time, albeit as the perennial SWAC 16-seed. It’s a legitimate game.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

MrMemorial wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 pm

They are in the SWAC which is indeed D-1 and gets an auto bid to the big dance.

I thought you of all people would know this.
No, didn't realize the season was starting already. Wierd how you would know anything about me given you've been here all of 5 minutes though haha.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Yes, when it comes to keeping up with basketball, I certainly am a newbie. A real rookie.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

My understanding is that the NCAA prohibits disclosure of information about scrimmages. Is this prohibition violated? Yes, often. Penalty? Nothing. We play by the rules. Others ignore them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic