Hold on to your wallet….,

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vujoe
Vice Admiral

Re: Hold on to your wallet….,

Post by vujoe »

Talk to UT season ticket holders about their 2022 surprise.

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:58 pm To stay within form rules and not start a political debate, I'll keep this really short and then drop it.

A person shouldn't have to work 80 hours a week to simply pay rent and buy a bag of groceries. And still be broke after that.

End of non-rant.
Maybe a person with a starting job, making minimum wage should still live with mom and dad until they get a raise or two.

End of rant!
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

cjdore wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:43 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:58 pm To stay within form rules and not start a political debate, I'll keep this really short and then drop it.

A person shouldn't have to work 80 hours a week to simply pay rent and buy a bag of groceries. And still be broke after that.

End of non-rant.
Maybe a person with a starting job, making minimum wage should still live with mom and dad until they get a raise or two.

End of rant!
Or get a roommate or two....or get married!! Minimum wage is a starting point for those without skills or PT HA students who DO live with mom & dad.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

People who aren't ready to get married need to get married against their will because min. wage that would be well over $20/hour if it was adjusted to inflation is shamefully low? Gigantic rolling of the eyes icon here if it existed.

Or they could, ya know... just work 80 or 90 hours a week. What are they... a bunch of lazy bums?

Attn mods: I really didn't intend to keep this going but sometimes absurdity needs to be called out since there are people still living in the "Leave it to Beaver" black and white re-run era.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

cjdore wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:43 pm Maybe a person with a starting job, making minimum wage should still live with mom and dad until they get a raise or two.

End of rant!
wow. Just ... wow. Go out this weekend. Look at the greeter at Walmart. The person bagging your groceries. The cashier at the store where you buy a pair of pants. Fill your car with gas and look at the attendant in the booth at the gas station. I bet you the mean age of those people is over 35. Minimum wage is not just people starting out. I don't expect the people I just mentioned to be driving BMWs ... but I think its kinda fair that if they are working full time they should be able to pay for rent and food, with maybe just enough to occasionally splurge on a pizza on those days where they get home last and are too exhausted to cook.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Nashmann wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:59 pm
Or get a roommate or two....or get married!! Minimum wage is a starting point for those without skills or PT HA students who DO live with mom & dad.
Or beg for a ballgame ticket online at the age of 40 or 50 because they are too broke to buy one.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:05 pm
Or beg for a ballgame ticket online at the age of 40 or 50 because they are too broke to buy one.
Not called for.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:05 pm
You don't know a damn thing about me or what I was going through.....I pray YOU never have to go through the same .... :|
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Folks, we all have differences of opinion, and I will admit I can be as chippy as the next person at times. But no place for calling out someone’s personal circumstances as an insult. We’re all here to support VU athletics. Questioning matters of opinion around coaching is one thing. But let’s chill with the bashing one another. That’s like the behavior of some of my fifth grade students, except that they haven’t had the years to develop social awareness that all of us have.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:13 pm
commadore wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:25 pm
Not called for.
Yet, I hope people can sooner rather than later stop having to go through trying to support a family on $7/hour. America should be above that. Obviously. $7/hour is not called for.
Good grief, MrMemorial. Do you really think beating the dead horse is the best course of action ?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Not called for.
Yet, I hope people can sooner rather than later stop having to go through trying to support a family on $7/hour. America should be above that. Obviously. $7/hour is not called for.
Give it a rest man.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Not called for.
Maybe those should work harder to get way above minimum wage before starting families!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic