He's baaaaaack!

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: He's baaaaaack!

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

geeznotagain wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:05 am Great news. Now, it goes without saying, we somehow have to keep him HEALTHY!
What could possibly go wrong? :roll:

vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:16 am
geeznotagain wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:05 am Great news. Now, it goes without saying, we somehow have to keep him HEALTHY!
What could possibly go wrong? :roll:
Ahh, Nuttin, I am sure!!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Foreverhopeful wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:49 am
commadore wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:38 am
Foreverhopeful wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:33 am I am so happy about this. I wish he hadn't put that initial announcement up a few months ago with what seemed like a final "goodbye" to Vanderbilt. That really had me convinced that he was gone. This is great news.
He never said he wouldn't come back if the draft didn't work out. With a name like "Foreverhopeful" you should not be looking at stuff with such a negative attitude.
What he wrote was interpreted by most as a very gracious goodbye to Vanderbilt. Of course, the door was left a little bit open, and fortunately, he came back through it. My attitude is far from negative, but I'm pretty good at interpreting words and meanings. But obviously things changed for him.
My interpretation has been pretty good too, and as it turns out, I was right...it wasn't a goodbye. I also don't think things changed as much as they didn't work out like he thought, so he returned to VU as he had always intended to do if they didn't work out.
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

Yes! THAT'S what I'm talking about! It's great to have you back, Scottie. This should be a fun year. And as a long-time NBA observer, I definitely think you'll improve your draft standing. This year's draft was crazy loaded anyway...
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Great news for our team. We've got the pieces to make some noise. Excited to see how they will gel and how far they can go. Think this will be great for Scottie too. Win/Win.
Locked Previous topicNext topic