vucommodores.com

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

underdog74
Vice Admiral

vucommodores.com

Post by underdog74 »

Someone desperately needs to update the MBB roster on the site. I'm assuming this is the official university athletics site? If so, goodness gracious, do your job.

commadore
Admiral

Re: vucommodores.com

Post by commadore »

I just sent the following to Angela Bess, the executive assistant to the athletic director:

"Can someone please update the men's basketball roster. I know we have signed several and have several transfers, plus a ton of folks transferring out, but it is hard to have an intelligent conversation about basketball without knowing who is on the team."
Last edited by commadore on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

If you want to send her an email, hers is: angela.bess@vanderbilt.edu
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

commadore wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm I just sent the following to Angela Bess, the executive assistant to the athletic director:

"Can someone please update the men's basketball roster. I know we have signed several and have several transfers, plus a ton of folks transferring out, but it is hard to have an intelligent conversation about basketball without knowing who is on the team."
Great idea. Thank you.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

9 of those still listed are no longer with the team!!!! With the gazillion hires SOMEONE could update it.....come on!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Now it shows the three signees, two transfers, and no one from last year's team. Have to click on 2022 to see that.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

commadore wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:22 am Now it shows the three signees, two transfers.
We only need five players and have one from each position. I guess more players hit the transfer portal than we previously knew.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

IT doesn't show this guy....copied from another post...

Vanderbilt will go small with its 13th and final scholarship for the 2021-22 season. On Wednesday night, the Commodores landed a commitment from 4-star shooting guard Shane Dezonie out of Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy, one of the top high school basketball programs among New England prep schools. Dezonie originally signed with Arizona in November but decommitted on April 27 after the Wildcats fired coach Sean Miller. With Dezonie's commitment, Vanderbilt rose from No. 62 in the 247Sports Composite team rankings for 2021 to No. 33.

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound off guard will play on the wing for Vanderbilt and could see significant minutes early in his career. Sophomore shooting guard Tyrin Lawrence's status for the start of the season is in doubt after he tore his ACL in January, and the Commodores need a replacement in their rotation behind Dayton grad transfer Rodney Chatman. Dezonie is considered a fairly well-rounded guard offensively who brings significant defensive upside.

We lost 7 scholarship players and this makes 6 replacements....who is not mentioned to make it 7?
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Nashmann wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:06 pm IT doesn't show this guy....copied from another post...

Vanderbilt will go small with its 13th and final scholarship for the 2021-22 season. On Wednesday night, the Commodores landed a commitment from 4-star shooting guard Shane Dezonie out of Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy, one of the top high school basketball programs among New England prep schools. Dezonie originally signed with Arizona in November but decommitted on April 27 after the Wildcats fired coach Sean Miller. With Dezonie's commitment, Vanderbilt rose from No. 62 in the 247Sports Composite team rankings for 2021 to No. 33.

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound off guard will play on the wing for Vanderbilt and could see significant minutes early in his career. Sophomore shooting guard Tyrin Lawrence's status for the start of the season is in doubt after he tore his ACL in January, and the Commodores need a replacement in their rotation behind Dayton grad transfer Rodney Chatman. Dezonie is considered a fairly well-rounded guard offensively who brings significant defensive upside.

We lost 7 scholarship players and this makes 6 replacements....who is not mentioned to make it 7?
The current players who have not transferred or graduated are not even mentioned.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Fixed it.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Still lists Pippen and does not list the last commit.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

The vucommodores.com folks did what the OP asked, yet some people will not be satisfied. It looks like your squeaky wheel, commadore, got the grease. No need to pile on.

Pippen hasn't left the program, so I would complain if his name was deleted based on rumor. And the latest transfer commitment may not have officially signed with the 'Dores. If vucommodores.com listed him on the roster without the proper paperwork, some rat in the SEC would complain.

Note that Liam Robbins was officially announced on May 27 even though vandymaniacs were reporting the news through various sources as of April 12.

https://14powers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18108
Locked Previous topicNext topic