Luke

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Troubadore
Rear Admiral

Luke

Post by Troubadore »

10 points (5-7 shooting), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks in 20 minutes tonight off the bench in a close game. Celt's starting center had 2, 4, 2, and 0 in 18 minutes.

Which teams told Luke he wasn't good enough?

mathguy
Rear Admiral

Re: Luke

Post by mathguy »

He also had one of his best games ... when Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker were out so he could soak up minutes without shot takers on the floor ... and in a loss to a terrible team.

He had a good game, but at the end of the day, I think he's still a back end rotation guy.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

[tweet][/tweet]
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Speaking of Luke, his mom retweeted this from a Boston fan. Pretty clever.

[tweet][/tweet]
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

One of my all-time favorite Dores! Ah, the good ole days.
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

Luke was getting more burn because of an injury to Boston’s talented young big man Robert Williams III (ex-A&M). Williams was back last night, so Luke got a DNP. From everything I’ve read, though, they really like Luke and think he fits their scheme very well. They particularly like playing him WITH Williams

Meanwhile... Aaron Nesmith had what I think was his best game as a pro. With Marcus Smart out he got 31 minutes, producing 15 pts, 9 reb, 3 stl, and 3 blk. And he played in crunch time, too. In a game Boston really needed, they blew a big early lead. But Aaron hit a crucial three in the fourth quarter that iced the game. I know Charlotte was a bit banged up, but Aaron really helped keep Miles Bridges and the Martin twins in check all night (Bridges has had a couple of monster games recently). Boston looked pretty good with Aaron on the floor complementing Tatom and Brown (who both had huge nights). So well done, Aaron!
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

And Aaron Nesmith had an even better game last night. The Celtics made an epic comeback from a 32-point deficit to beat the Spurs in overtime. Jayson Tatum was the star, scoring 60 points to tie Larry Bird’s Celtics scoring record. But Aaron had a big game as well, with 16 points (7 of 9 shooting), 6 rebounds, and one very big steal, while playing throughout crunch time and OT. It was his steal of an inbounds pass with 14 seconds left in OT and the Celtics up by two that won the game (although Tatum had to hit four free throws).

Here are some comments from ESPN, Tatum, and Aaron:
Boston also got big minutes from rookie Aaron Nesmith, who had the best game of his career by far, playing down the stretch and in overtime and finishing with 16 points and six rebounds, including a couple of critical offensive rebounds and putback buckets to help tip the scales in Boston's favor late in the game.
"I think just the best part was obviously coming back and winning and just seeing everyone contribute," Tatum said. "...And Aaron came in and played unbelievable tonight.”
"It's definitely something I'll remember forever," Nesmith said. "Jayson's absolute career high, the 30-plus-point deficit we overcame. I've never even seen that in person or watched it, and then to be a part of it was just incredible. So definitely something I'll always remember."
Locked Previous topicNext topic