Good story on the impact of the transfer portal

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Re: Good story on the impact of the transfer portal

Post by cjdore »

Only good news if players are transferring here.....so far it is going the other way. Unless Stack can fill the voids and keep players in the Nashville then we may have to look elsewhere.
dunc77
Ensign

Post by dunc77 »

Two points: "[In college,] you just gotta out-bulls**t somebody." and ". . . we were bound to be sued over it."

Self-inflicted wounds.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 pm Only good news if players are transferring here.....so far it is going the other way. Unless Stack can fill the voids and keep players in the Nashville then we may have to look elsewhere.
I must have misread that other thread. It had highlights of the five new guys and three were transfers.

Maybe we need to look elsewhere for some new "fans."
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

MrMemorial wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 pm
cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 pm Only good news if players are transferring here.....so far it is going the other way. Unless Stack can fill the voids and keep players in the Nashville then we may have to look elsewhere.
I must have misread that other thread. It had highlights of the five new guys and three were transfers.

The article in question had no such mention of the 5 new guys of which 3 were transfers that I saw.....read on my friend
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 pm

The article in question had no such mention of the 5 new guys of which 3 were transfers that I saw.....read on my friend
The other thread has video highlights of all five new players and 3 certainly are transfers.

But maybe I keep up with VU basketball more closely than other "fans."

https://14powers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18179
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

MrMemorial wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:53 pm
cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 pm

The other thread has video highlights of all five new players and 3 certainly are transfers.

But maybe I keep up with VU basketball more closely than other "fans."

https://14powers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18179
For someone who has been here for all of two weeks, it is a bold strategy to question the fandom of posters who have been here for years. Maybe bold isn't the correct word for it.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I've been going to games at Memorial since before most of the posters were born.

Call that whatever you like.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

MrMemorial wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:46 pm I've been going to games at Memorial since before most of the posters were born.

Call that whatever you like.
Yes, but you are new to a forum and have begun questioning the loyalty of the fans who have been on it for years, if not decades. Maybe spend some time learning other POV's before lobbing grenades as a new poster. A lot of the poster you are insulting have built their credibility over years through their commentary and sharing opinions. You have done none of that, and we don't know you from anyone else, and you have no track record of credibility. Just because you say you've been around Memorial for 100 years doesn't mean anything - you have to earn your credibility and an appear to authority won't work, as going to games for a long time isn't a qualification here. Provide insight, listen to other points of view and try to throttle back the questioning of fandom of those that disagree with you. You may be the smartest and most insightful poster this board has ever seen, but nobody will care if you denigrate those who disagree with you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic