Knicks sign Simi Shittu to a 10-day contract

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Knicks sign Simi Shittu to a 10-day contract

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

[tweet][/tweet]

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Knicks sign Simi Shittu to a 10-day contract

Post by MrMemorial »

Which is 4 more points and 3 more rebounds than he averaged vs college players under the "coaching" of Bryce Drew and his brother-in-law aka post-player-coach/investment-banker.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

I thought his future was as a designated 3pt shooter.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Overrated player playing for a crappy team.
Versus75
Admiral

And when does that 10-day period start?

Post by Versus75 »

I see 16 players on the Knicks' roster and no Simi.

https://www.nba.com/knicks/roster?icmp= ... nav_190514

The team does include, however, a bunch of Kalipari Kids:
Kevin Knox II, Nerlens Noel, Immanuel Quickley, Julius Randle, Derrick Rose and Honorable Mention to Jacob Toppin's older brother Obi.
BooMax
Lieutenant

Post by BooMax »

MrMemorial wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 pm Which is 4 more points and 3 more rebounds than he averaged vs college players under the "coaching" of Bryce Drew and his brother-in-law aka post-player-coach/investment-banker.
Everyone better be happy Bryce actually recruited his butt off and brought in players like Garland, Simi, Saban, Pippen, Disu, and Nesmith. People forget that Simi blew out his knee in HS and hadnt played ball in 10mths and was released to play just before start of season. Bryce had already lined up another top 15-20 frosh class when we had the disaster of injuries / bad luck. Bryce was changing systems and loading up on talents to play the system and nobody wants to recall this either since Kevins players couldnt play 4out... its easy for some to blame all on Bryce and then in a blink of an eye he has another team in the NCAAT while Vandy has limited success options in our future with current staff (or lack thereof)

Perfect world, Stackhouse will focus on MBB recruiting and stop the poor me imagery when he has been givien every advantage the previous staffs didnt get.
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

BooMax wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:42 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 pm Which is 4 more points and 3 more rebounds than he averaged vs college players under the "coaching" of Bryce Drew and his brother-in-law aka post-player-coach/investment-banker.
Everyone better be happy Bryce actually recruited his butt off and brought in players like Garland, Simi, Saban, Pippen, Disu, and Nesmith. People forget that Simi blew out his knee in HS and hadnt played ball in 10mths and was released to play just before start of season. Bryce had already lined up another top 15-20 frosh class when we had the disaster of injuries / bad luck. Bryce was changing systems and loading up on talents to play the system and nobody wants to recall this either since Kevins players couldnt play 4out... its easy for some to blame all on Bryce and then in a blink of an eye he has another team in the NCAAT while Vandy has limited success options in our future with current staff (or lack thereof)

Perfect world, Stackhouse will focus on MBB recruiting and stop the poor me imagery when he has been givien every advantage the previous staffs didnt get.
"I'd call that a radical interpretation of the text." - Oz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer s3e16 ("Doppelgangland")
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I AM happy that his sorry butt is gone from VU forever. Period.
Why don't you forget Vandy and this board and go root for Grand Canyon, that bastion of academic achievement.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

TwoSaints wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:54 pm

"I'd call that a radical interpretation of the text." - Oz, Buffy the Vampire Slayer s3e16 ("Doppelgangland")
Post of the Week with the Buffy quote. Well played!
Versus75
Admiral

Meanwhile, BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!

Post by Versus75 »

I still don't see Simi on the Knicks' roster.

https://www.nba.com/knicks/roster?icmp= ... nav_190514

I say in response to the original tweet: "I BEGley to differ."
VUPKS
Rear Admiral

Post by VUPKS »

Knicks changed their mind. In other news, AZ PF Jordan Brown in the portal. 6' 10" former 5* recruit. Well traveled.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Grand Canyon in the big dance = making a bowl with a losing record. The WAC is a joke.

I did like how Borat made fun of GCU though... his "daughter" was majoring in VCR repair there!
Locked Previous topicNext topic