Oregon State upsets the Viles

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Oregon State upsets the Viles

Post by commadore »

70-56. So sad.

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Oregon State upsets the Viles

Post by Seadog73 »

couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Seadog73 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:11 pm couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
Actually, I have to admit I’m partial to Rick Barnes and I think he’s assembled a good bunch of kids on his team. Nothing like the football program...
But then I remember all the ridiculous sidewalk UT fans and think to myself: Yeah...to heck with ’em!
Mightymouse24
Ensign

Post by Mightymouse24 »

:lol: :lol:
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Barnes is out of place there. He is a very good coach and a great person - he doesn't deserve to be in that cesspool.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

I also like Rick Barnes, but he doesn't seem to be able to get it done in March. Same issue when he was at Texas. Even with my distaste for the Viles, I was hoping he would be successful. Yesterday's game was a disgrace. I don't understand it.
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

It really seemed like the chemistry for that team fell apart as the freshman became the offensive leaders as the year progressed. I don't know if players had difficulty adjusting to different roles, or if there was resentment from the upperclassmen, but they definitely underachieved based upon talent the last 2 months of the season.
GoVU
Lieutenant

Post by GoVU »

They used Pons very poorly all year and this is typical of a Rick Barnes Team. Remember, he had Kevin Durant for two years at Texas and underachieved. Numerous other stars including T. J. Ford, Lamarcus Aldridge, Chris Mihm, Royal Ivey, Avery Bradly, Tristan Thompson, and many more went on to be stars in the NBA.

He has the number 1 point guard in the Nation coming in next year. Let’s hope the trend continues.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

GoVU wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:50 am They used Pons very poorly all year and this is typical of a Rick Barnes Team. Remember, he had Kevin Durant for two years at Texas and underachieved. Numerous other stars including T. J. Ford, Lamarcus Aldridge, Chris Mihm, Royal Ivey, Avery Bradly, Tristan Thompson, and many more went on to be stars in the NBA.

He has the number 1 point guard in the Nation coming in next year. Let’s hope the trend continues.
What is Barnes doing to recruit so well ?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

OldDude wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:29 pm
GoVU wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:50 am They used Pons very poorly all year and this is typical of a Rick Barnes Team. Remember, he had Kevin Durant for two years at Texas and underachieved. Numerous other stars including T. J. Ford, Lamarcus Aldridge, Chris Mihm, Royal Ivey, Avery Bradly, Tristan Thompson, and many more went on to be stars in the NBA.

What is Barnes doing to recruit so well ?
Great big piles of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Certainly can't be the school, the women, or Knoxville.
Locked Previous topicNext topic