Oral Roberts tops tOSU in OT

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Oral Roberts tops tOSU in OT

Post by commadore »

(15) Oral Roberts tops (2) Ohio State in a game they lead for most of the time. Big 1[14]0 now 0-2. I love it.

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: Oral Roberts tops tOSU in OT

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Did you get rejected from all the Big 10 schools you applied to, or...? ;)
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Didn't apply to any. Just don't like them. They think they are better than everyone else. Are you a closet big ten grad?
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

I'm with you commadore. The most annoying fans I have EVER come across are Ohio State and Michigan. It's funny how they beat their chests when their team is doing well, then crawl under a rock when they aren't. I can't stand the big 10 (except Mich St and maybe Northwestern), and was just talking smack about it with a family member today before Ohio State and Purdue went down.

Tired of espn and their endless fawning over the big 10. Newsflash: they are not that good.
4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Post by 4timenatlchamps »

I don’t think SEC fans have much room to complain about the obnoxiousness of the fans of other conferences. Plus as someone who has lived in the Midwest for eight years, I’ve found that people here see the SEC territoriality to be a bizarre curiosity more than anything else, I trust that is the case on the coasts and in Big 12 country as well. Big Ten fans don’t give a crap about their conference by and large. They care about their team, which is the normal way to behave. In fact my sense is that most fans of Michigan or Wisconsin found Ohio State losing to be freaking hilarious.

As for the unquantifiable metric of “media praise” or whatever, who cares? I can think of few things less relevant than Dick Vitale bleating about Juwan Howard.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

4timenatlchamps wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:48 pm I can think of few things less relevant than Dick Vitale bleating about Juwan Howard.
This
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Locked Previous topicNext topic