Vanderbilt Fanatics Departments
Accessories Auto Gift Cards Collectibles Footwear Golf & Sports
Hats Home & Office Jackets Jerseys Lawn & Garden Pajamas
Pants Polos Shirts & Sweats Shorts Sweatshirts Swim & Beach
T-Shirts Tailgate Baseball Basketball Football Everything
VandyMania is a proud Fanatics affiliate. Help us earn commisions (8%) buy purchasing Vandy gear.

Wright's 3 looked like it beat the shot clock buzzer

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Wright's 3 looked like it beat the shot clock buzzer

Post by EllistonVU » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm

The refs go to the monitor to disallow Saben's layup but won't look to see if Wright's 3 was in time (which it was). Just another in a long line of SEC ref screw jobs.
0 x

Ndorefin
Rear Admiral

Re: Wright's 3 looked like it beat the shot clock buzzer

Post by Ndorefin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:30 pm

The clock had expired.....let’s not do this.
0 x

blackgold61
Lieutenant

Post by blackgold61 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Does this streak really matter. The streak they need to break is the consecutive SEC losses
1 x

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:47 pm

I know, who cares? The other's two's streaks will end too eventually. Instead ranting about the streak ending we should be just ranting about going 0-25 from three in one game.
0 x
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g

VUPKS
Captain

Post by VUPKS » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:56 pm

I care. 33 years of history. Its a big deal.
3 x

4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Post by 4timenatlchamps » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:13 pm

Okay I feel like there is some serious denial going on in here. No one is saying they wouldn't trade the streak for a national championship. But this was something that wove together and connected Barry Goheen, Billy McCaffery, Dan Langhi, Matt Freije, Shan Foster, and Luke Kornet, and now it is over. It started before I was alive, it was a point of serious pride, and now it's a thing of the past. Don't trick yourself in pretending it didn't matter.
5 x

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:28 pm

4timenatlchamps wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:13 pm
Okay I feel like there is some serious denial going on in here. No one is saying they wouldn't trade the streak for a national championship. But this was something that wove together and connected Barry Goheen, Billy McCaffery, Dan Langhi, Matt Freije, Shan Foster, and Luke Kornet, and now it is over. It started before I was alive, it was a point of serious pride, and now it's a thing of the past. Don't trick yourself in pretending it didn't matter.
I'm proud of the team going over 1,000 games without going 0 for 3-range. This doesn't take that away. Now we don't have to stress over the streak ending anymore. We can focus more on winning than 3-point shooting streaks. Maybe end this SEC losing streak.
2 x
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:47 pm

I would gladly trade the 3 point streak for some wins this season. Wish that could be guaranteed.

We are going to have to catch somebody having a really off night to do that. Some team will have to play like uut did in the first half tonight but they will need to play poorly for all 40 minutes.

Mizzou and Ole Miss aren't getting much respect in the RPI that I looked at either. We play them back to back late in the season. Mizzou is here. Since their shocker over Florida, they have been blown out twice... by Mississippi State and Alabama (a pair of teams barely over .500) and they did lose to Charleston Southern.

That is our best shot at a win, especially if Clevon could play by then. We need him.
0 x

fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:15 pm

I would gladly take the 3 point streak back in exchange for another winless season in the SEC. This season is already over. We stink and we're worse than we were last year at every point along the way, even if we were to magically get a win in some meaningless conference game in the next month. We were worse this November than we were last year in November, same in December, has continued into January, and will likely be that way for the rest of the year. If we go 1-17 or 0-18, who cares, we still stink.

Winless conference records have no real meaning because once the season is over, it goes away into the history books as you work toward a new year. If we go winless again, who cares, we'll put it in the past and work towards putting together a successful season next year. But the 3 point streak is gone forever and is never coming back. You can't start over again, it's just gone. As someone said, it's carried through for the last 35 years, connects a lot of players, and was a source of pride for the tradition of the program. I'd gladly take that back over another lost season eeking out a meanginless win.

Did you see Stackhouse's comments afterwards? What a dope if he cant understand why the fans were booing. "The fans were more concerned about the 3s than us really even getting baskets." Yea cuz we were getting boatraced so who cares if we get a couple meaningless baskets late in the game. Some of the players afterwards admitted they didnt realize what was happening. Clearly Stack doesnt know much about Vandy, the history, nor does he care about the traditions. Just another job.
6 x
VU# Fl@g @AD

Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:31 am

I completely understand how he didn't realize the importance of the streak to our fans. He hasn't been here long enough and I doubt it is a huge topic of discussion because it was sort of a given that we would make at least ONE three! I mean- who doesn't?
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic