Vanderbilt Fanatics Departments
Accessories Auto Gift Cards Collectibles Footwear Golf & Sports
Hats Home & Office Jackets Jerseys Lawn & Garden Pajamas
Pants Polos Shirts & Sweats Shorts Sweatshirts Swim & Beach
T-Shirts Tailgate Baseball Basketball Football Everything
VandyMania is a proud Fanatics affiliate. Help us earn commisions (8%) buy purchasing Vandy gear.
Countdown to Kickoff!

Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by MurofVandy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:45 pm

I like his game. This is indeed good news.

Offers from SEC, ACC, Big East, Pac 12, and more. There should be no "hand wringing" over this.
3 x



User avatar
Nashmann
Admiral
Posts: 7580
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 am
Location: Nashville
x 237
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by Nashmann » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Like this youg man after watching some interviews. Reminds me so much of Nesmith. I bet that is the selling point Stack will or has been using. Kid is a player and great 3 pt shooter! Plays lock down defense and knows how to take a charge! He works on that(from his interviews). Can go to the hoop and finish too!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DHdT6

https://youtu.be/vJLpQIstVXc
2 x
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD

Go Vandy!
Captain
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 pm
x 126
Contact:

OT & barely even tangential...

Post by Go Vandy! » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:38 pm

Isn't the name "Vandy Sports Maniacs" a little derivative from this site & C. Lee's?
1 x

UltimateVUFan
Rear Admiral
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 am
x 131
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by UltimateVUFan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 am

Don’t understand why the OP is so vague. Maybe just an issue with the link, but it goes to the main page and you have to scroll down a ways to figure out who/what the reference is: Gabe Dorsey.

Seems like he’d be a pretty good pickup. Though, as far as I can tell from the 247sports page there has only been 1 CB prediction??? They’ve changed that around a bit, because they added a weird little graphic that says “9 HIGH” whatever the heck that means, but so far only one prediction. You know the old adage re: counting chickens...
0 x

User avatar
Good2BGold
Rear Admiral
Posts: 2433
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:25 pm
x 376
Contact:

Re: OT & barely even tangential...

Post by Good2BGold » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am

Go Vandy! wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:38 pm
Isn't the name "Vandy Sports Maniacs" a little derivative from this site & C. Lee's?
I missed their name at the top. Thanks for pointing that out. More than a little derivative, I'd say. There's a long established site Vandy Mania, yet they call their site Vandy Maniacs. At best, that is really weak. I'm not a lawyer, but I wonder if Don would have any legal leverage to make them change the name.
0 x

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Re: OT & barely even tangential...

Post by MurofVandy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:42 am

Good2BGold wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am
Go Vandy! wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:38 pm
Isn't the name "Vandy Sports Maniacs" a little derivative from this site & C. Lee's?
I missed their name at the top. Thanks for pointing that out. More than a little derivative, I'd say. There's a long established site Vandy Mania, yet they call their site Vandy Maniacs. At best, that is really weak. I'm not a lawyer, but I wonder if Don would have any legal leverage to make them change the name.
From what I saw, the name was "Vandy Sports Maniacs" - not "VandySports" or "VandyMania."

But as far as CB's, Rivals has a bunch of them in the last 48 hours for Gabe to VU...

They include:

Corey Evans
07/15/20 9:14 pm

Zach Berry
07/15/20 10:32 pm

Russ Wood
07/16/20 1:22 am

David Sisk
07/16/20 9:37 am

Travis Graf
07/16/20 9:39 am
1 x

User avatar
Good2BGold
Rear Admiral
Posts: 2433
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:25 pm
x 376
Contact:

Re: OT & barely even tangential...

Post by Good2BGold » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:32 am

MurofVandy wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:42 am
Good2BGold wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am
Go Vandy! wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:38 pm
Isn't the name "Vandy Sports Maniacs" a little derivative from this site & C. Lee's?
I missed their name at the top. Thanks for pointing that out. More than a little derivative, I'd say. There's a long established site Vandy Mania, yet they call their site Vandy Maniacs. At best, that is really weak. I'm not a lawyer, but I wonder if Don would have any legal leverage to make them change the name.
From what I saw, the name was "Vandy Sports Maniacs" - not "VandySports" or "VandyMania."

But as far as CB's, Rivals has a bunch of them in the last 48 hours for Gabe to VU...

They include:

Corey Evans
07/15/20 9:14 pm

Zach Berry
07/15/20 10:32 pm

Russ Wood
07/16/20 1:22 am

David Sisk
07/16/20 9:37 am

Travis Graf
07/16/20 9:39 am
Maybe some of the attorneys on the board can chime in on this. Commadore? Yeah, the name is Vandy Sports Maniacs, but Maniacs is derived from Mania and Vandy Mania covers sports, so there still could be an infringement on Don's name. Vandy Sports is more generic and would seem to me to have less of a claim.
0 x

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by MurofVandy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:52 am

Johnmn555 is a lawyer. Maybe he knows.

Since VM and VSM are both free (unlike the "Rivals" VS forum which is something like $10 a month), I doubt there is any legal grounds for any grousing. No revenue earning is being infringed upon. It looks like the new VSM twitter address is @##### as opposed to @VandyManiacom and @VandySportscom ...all three look totally different.
0 x

Starkiller
Lieutenant
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:31 am
x 23
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by Starkiller » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:20 pm

MurofVandy wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:52 am
Johnmn555 is a lawyer. Maybe he knows.

Since VM and VSM are both free (unlike the "Rivals" VS forum which is something like $10 a month), I doubt there is any legal grounds for any grousing. No revenue earning is being infringed upon. It looks like the new VSM twitter address is @##### as opposed to @VandyManiacom and @VandySportscom ...all three look totally different.
Ad revenue isn’t revenue?
0 x

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by MurofVandy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Not exactly. This site has a banner ad for "Fanatics.com" where the purchase of Vandy swag is claimed to have some small benefit. Last time I saw VSM, the banner ad at the top was for "Sprouts" (healthy grocery store, sort of like Trader Joe's) and probably pays for the free web hosting and nothing more. VS had an ad (full blown video commercial) running at the top for Buffalo Wild Wings just now, but depends on the $10/month to keep the lights on.(?)

So it's apples vs organic oranges vs hot wings.
0 x

User avatar
Nashmann
Admiral
Posts: 7580
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 am
Location: Nashville
x 237
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by Nashmann » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Uh...I though this thread was about Gabe Dorsey?? We really need him. I think he cold be the next Nesmith...Here's to hoping!!! AD*
0 x
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD

LawoftheWest
Rear Admiral
Posts: 2209
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:37 pm
x 72
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by LawoftheWest » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:39 am

Nashmann wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:53 pm
Uh...I though this thread was about Gabe Dorsey?? We really need him. I think he cold be the next Nesmith...Here's to hoping!!! AD*

Nashman, you are spot on. First, these threads too often drift into tangential topics which are only remotely related to the original post.
Second, Dorsey looks like the real deal. I think obtaining him could result in the continued elevation of our recruiting.

Duke, here we come!!!! HA :) SV# @AD
1 x

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by MurofVandy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:17 am

LawoftheWest wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:39 am
Nashmann wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:53 pm
Uh...I though this thread was about Gabe Dorsey?? We really need him. I think he cold be the next Nesmith...Here's to hoping!!! AD*

Nashman, you are spot on. First, these threads too often drift into tangential topics which are only remotely related to the original post.
Second, Dorsey looks like the real deal. I think obtaining him could result in the continued elevation of our recruiting.

Duke, here we come!!!! HA :) SV# @AD
If we get the momentum of a couple of winning seasons, I see no reason not to compete with the Dukes of the basketball world. And Gabe would be a great multi-skilled addition.

By the way, what is a good MERV rating for a 20x25x1 central air filter during this hot, dry weather? I read one thing where the guy said he never uses less than a 13 MERV filter but I am trying a 3M 1500 filter rated at 12 MERV and it seems to do a good job.
1 x

Jason94
Admiral
Posts: 5075
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:15 am
x 86
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by Jason94 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 am

MurofVandy wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:17 am
LawoftheWest wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:39 am
Nashmann wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:53 pm
Uh...I though this thread was about Gabe Dorsey?? We really need him. I think he cold be the next Nesmith...Here's to hoping!!! AD*

Nashman, you are spot on. First, these threads too often drift into tangential topics which are only remotely related to the original post.
Second, Dorsey looks like the real deal. I think obtaining him could result in the continued elevation of our recruiting.

Duke, here we come!!!! HA :) SV# @AD
If we get the momentum of a couple of winning seasons, I see no reason not to compete with the Dukes of the basketball world. And Gabe would be a great multi-skilled addition.

By the way, what is a good MERV rating for a 20x25x1 central air filter during this hot, dry weather? I read one thing where the guy said he never uses less than a 13 MERV filter but I am trying a 3M 1500 filter rated at 12 MERV and it seems to do a good job.
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, there are a lot of reasons why we wouldn't be able to complete with the basketball bluebloods with just a couple of winning seasons. Unless you were assuming that we went 21-10 next season and then 28-8 the following season as, winning records also implies we could go 17-14 and 20-12, making sizable progress from this past season but still being a ways from being considered elite.

And I'd take that kind of progress right now as long as it didn't look like a ceiling.
2 x

User avatar
VUPKS
Captain
Posts: 928
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:25 pm
x 47
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by VUPKS » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am

Gabe Dorsey announcement Sunday 8/2. Guy looks like a lights out shooter, CB's pointing our way.
0 x

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by MurofVandy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Saw a link on twitter to some VERY breaking recent positive news on Dorsey.
https://twitter.com/#####
1 x

MurofVandy
Lieutenant
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
x 50
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by MurofVandy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:10 pm

MurofVandy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Saw a link on twitter to some VERY breaking recent positive news on Dorsey.
https://twitter.com/#####
Dorsey is a Dore! Just saw it on VSM!
2 x

nyyankeeDore
Commander
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am
Location: Nashville
x 12
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by nyyankeeDore » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:12 pm

247 Sports says he has selected Vanderbilt.
0 x
VU#

User avatar
Nashmann
Admiral
Posts: 7580
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 am
Location: Nashville
x 237
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by Nashmann » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 pm

WOW!!! Awesome...welcome Mr Dore-sey LOL :) AD* @GAD AD*
1 x
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD

User avatar
EagleDore
Captain
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:21 pm
x 51
Contact:

Re: Great news about class of 2021 highly recruited 6-6 wing

Post by EagleDore » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:04 am

Great get! Good job Stack!
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic