Titans are probably going to lose to the Patriots Sunday

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Titans are probably going to lose to the Patriots Sunday

Post by Titans309fan »

I guess that means that certain people will start posting in this forum again. I have noticed that when the Titans play really well and/or win, there is complete silence. But when they even have a bad quarter, the critics come out.

The Patriots are extremely tough. They went 1-2 early in the season only due to lack of receivers, which they have now. They beat what most people thought was the best team in the AFC, the Chiefs. They scored 38 on the Bears' defense, one of the best.

The Patriots have won 7 in a row against the Titans (2 of them playoff games). The Titans lone win over the Pats was a 2002 MNF game in Nashville (which was one fun game to watch).

Despite all of this, there is still hope. The Titans have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. They have the #1 red zone defense. They even are the least penalized team in the NFL (though Pats are #2). The offensive rankings are near the bottom, but the Titans have been really good the last 6 quarters. Mariota's glove is off, and he looked so good against the Cowboys.

The Titans have been influenced by the Patriots heavily, and it should be interesting to see what Vrabel has up his sleeve for this game.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Titans are probably going to lose to the Patriots Sunday

Post by Titans309fan »

After seeing the Missouri game yesterday, I am nervous about the Titans 24-10 halftime lead. But they have played one heck of a game so far. Hopefully they can hold on
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Wow, I was so wrong about the Titans. They not only beat the Patriots, but they dominated them so much that Brady called it quits with 7 minutes left. :D

I am curious what it will take to get Vandy fans here to talk about the Titans. They are 5-4, beat both Super Bowl teams this year, have an exciting young coach, a dominant defense, and an offense that just gets better and better each week.

These next two weeks are huge for the team, with road games against the Colts and Texans. Win both, and they are in the driver's seat for the division.
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

I think when the coaches prepare the team well, the Titans shine. But against Buffalo and Baltimore, the Titans were not prepared.
Locked Previous topicNext topic