Super Bowl champs in town

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Super Bowl champs in town

Post by Titans309fan »

Today should be a great matchup between first place teams. The Titans look the healthiest they have been all season with the return of RT Jack Conklin, while the Eagles have Wentz back for his second start of the year.

The Titans have had good luck against the Eagles, winning 4 of the 5 matchups since 1999, including both games at home. The Eagles are a slight favorite, though the Titans have an excellent chance at the upset.

My main worry is if the Eagles offense goes pass happy, like TSU yesterday against Vandy. I don't trust the Titans secondary, especially the deep ball with 1 on 1 coverage. However, the Eagles have been near the bottom of the NFL in giving up QB hits, and the Titans have been very good this year getting to the QB.

Mariota really needs to throw TD passes today. He will definitely run some, but they need to convert their red zone opportunities. We will have to see what the loss of Matthews means to this team.

I do predict a large Eagles crowd at the game today, especially where I sit in 309. It could be a 60-40 split between Titans and Eagles fans, with over 50% Eagles fans in the upper deck.