Do we really need this forum?

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Do we really need this forum?

Post by Titans309fan »

I am fine making an occasional post in the football forum to talk about the Titans. Having a separate forum just so EllistonVU and I can bicker seems pointless. :?

It's not fun for me, and likely not fun for him. And if no one else here is bothering to post, then please shut it down.

Thanks.

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Re: Do we really need this forum?

Post by EllistonVU »

I agree that people don't care about the titans. Cleveland only won 7 games last year and the titans act like they finally won a Super Bowl because they beat them. A team that was below .500

Real Time RPI moved the titans up to #16 in the NFL and dropped the Brown to #32... worst in the NFL.
Hey, the Ravens had 42 points AT HALFTIME. So...

(a Preds forum during hockey season might get popular)
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

I for one check it every so often.

Also, Sunday's game was GREAT... but it will be very interesting to see how the Titans play this next week.

Last year they beat the Super Bowl champion Eagles, then lost to the Bills, Ravens and Chargers (in order).

Last year they beat the Patriots, then lost back to back games to the Colts and Texans.

It's going to be HOT on Sunday (95 or so), so the crowd won't be its loudest.

It may be an ugly game, and the Titans need to win this one as well.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Thanks for posting, historybill. I just wanted to make sure someone cared about this forum, so I will keep posting.

The hottest kickoff temperature at Nissan Stadium was 89 degrees against the Raiders in 2016, so this game may set the record. While I enjoy being in section 309, there is absolutely no shade in that section, so games like this are brutal.

The Titans are trying to reach 2-0 for only the third time in history. They did it in 1999 and 2008 (both incredible years in their own ways), so hopefully it will happen again.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

titans fun fact of the day:

Did you know that Jeff Fisher only had 6 winning seasons in 16 years? :oops:
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Well season just started.....but that said a loss they should have one but hey Mariota not hurt yet.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

I love my NFL but don't like the way this season has started.

The only thing I don't really want to see is the Patriots win it all again. Not only are they starting off dominant, but Andrew Luck has retired, Drew Brees is hurt and Big Ben is out for the season.

The Titans winning on opening day, then losing to the Colts again seems to remind me of so many times they've done something like this.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

historybill wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:45 pm I love my NFL but don't like the way this season has started.

The only thing I don't really want to see is the Patriots win it all again. Not only are they starting off dominant, but Andrew Luck has retired, Drew Brees is hurt and Big Ben is out for the season.

The Titans winning on opening day, then losing to the Colts again seems to remind me of so many times they've done something like this.
Kansas City fans are buying up all the available tickets for that game.

They love their team but they really like visiting Nashville.
Locked Previous topicNext topic