OT:Preds

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

OT:Preds

Post by Ndorefin »

I apologize for hijacking the Titans forum, but I see a similar situation brewing for the Preds that afflicted the Titans. With the big letdown of last season and a similar occurrence happening last night against Dallas, if the Preds lose this series, how do you look at the franchise? I wonder if the fans will begin to lose hope (like they did a few years after the Titans lost the Super Bowl) and become disenchanted with the team. Everyone loves a winner, which has created the excitement in Nashville with the Preds. If they continue to build hope during the regular season, only to disappoint in the playoffs, one begins to wonder if the support will remain. No other hockey team relies more on the “retail fan” (as opposed to corporate) than the Preds and I hope fans don’t become disgruntled....it is still the most action packed and entertaining sport in professional athletics, IMHO!

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: OT:Preds

Post by Titans309fan »

I thought about bringing up a similar topic, so I am glad you did. First, I would be shocked if they win these next two and advance, and even if they did, the Blues are so much better (I think the Blues win the Cup this year), that the Preds wouldn't get to the conference finals.

Financially, the Preds appear to be in great shape. They have jacked up their prices and are still selling out each game. Now the question is whether the Preds can sustain these high prices (it is significantly cheaper for me to go a Titans game in the upper deck than the Preds now). They also have a lot of good, lengthy contracts, so the core team will be together for a while. They aren't where the Titans were in 2004, where they had too many large contracts for aging vets (many of who were dropped in the purge of 2005).

They remind of where the Titans were in 2003. Still a playoff contender every year, but just not good enough to reach the heights of their championship run attempt. I just hope they don't stumble like the Titans did (a semi-successful rebuild from 2006-09, followed by a major drought). One of the worst things that can happen to a franchise is to come so close to a championship followed by many, many years of regular season and playoff failure.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: OT:Preds

Post by Titans309fan »

Blues made it to the Stanley Cup final. I am not surprised at all, and I hope my prediction of them winning it all comes true.
Locked Previous topicNext topic