Turn on the Open--Now

The discussion forum for both the men's and women's Vanderbilt golf teams.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BelleVUe

Turn on the Open--Now

Post by BelleVUe »

Tiger has the lead with Speith one shot back! Unbelievable rally by Tiger has him looking like it's 2002 again.

This is must watch TV if you love golf, and the weather looks so yucky, just stay indoors and munch on chips and guac while watching the fantastic conclusion.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Turn on the Open--Now

Post by Titans309fan »

Must have been pretty early. Tiger finished in a tie for 6th, 3 shots behind the winner, Francesco Molinari.

Still, that is better than I expected from Tiger. I don't expect him to ever win another major, and I would be very surprised if he won any tournament ever again.
fldore
Vice Admiral

Re: Turn on the Open--Now

Post by fldore »

Yea great final round in that it was suspenseful and there was a packed leaderboard. Tough round of golf for a lot of players though. Molinari was far and away the best today. Especially impressive since he was playing with Tiger who got off to a hot start but then kind of faded. He has done that a few times in the last year or so. Gets hot for a stretch but cant keep it together for a full round. Faded at Sawgrass this year as well. Terrible day for Spieth. Even par would have won him the tournament. Couldnt make a putt and hit a lot of wayward shots. Rory had a lousy start but got hot late. Too little too late though.

I think Tiger will win another tournament. Not sure about a major but it's possible. If Phil can win one in his mid 40s, Tiger can as well. I think his best opportunity will be a Masters or British. Those two suit his game the best. Always seemed to play those better and would be in contention even if not at his best.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic