Search found 33 matches

Return

by jeff93
Sun May 14, 2023 11:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CBS Sports: Vandy included among the losers in the transfer market

It would be really good to know what happened. I am a Stack supporter but something doesn't add up. You finish the season one of the hottest teams in the country, you are returning an all senior starting 5 (Manjon, Laurence (senior in years on campus), Wright, Stute, and QMB) which would be one of t...
by charlestonalum
Thu May 18, 2023 8:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our Chancellor gets it

The Charleston Vanderbilt Club had a very nice and well attended meeting with the Chancellor last night. He is the right guy to lead Vanderbilt and the message is "we want to be iconic" and not try to be "Harvard of the South." Most of his comments were about how to achieve this ...
by mathguy
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I'd say that you are massively underrating CKS based upon his being an ass. Regardless of whether his teams "underperformed" (which based upon his players sticking in the NBA is debatable), you cannot simply wave away making the tournament 5 of 6 seasons, multiple sweet 16's, a SEC champi...
by rEvUrB
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

OK I'll go first in ranking our top 5 coaches: 1. Skinner 2. Fogler 3. Stackhouse 4. Newton 5. Stallings 1. Skinner 2. Stallings 3. Fogler (as much as we loved him, Billy Mac and co. had a lot to do with that one season. Look at those two first round turds with SC) 4. Stackhouse (for now, although ...
by vandy05
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Maybe people's answers would stay the same, but what if the kids wanted to go with Franklin to Penn State? Maybe some would argue that he should have told them no. That's not a completely unreasonable take, but its fairly impractical and it usually doesn't work that way. My guess is that a lot of th...
by jpmando
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

This 60 year fan and legacy alumnus is always stunned by the vitriol directed at Franklin. He did exactly what every and any head coach does in the slimy world of college athletics- (ne professional sport minor leagues). He bolted when he got a better offer, as did his recruits. The fact that he was...
by vu2003rpl
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blown opp

Don’t forget the team batted .203 against Oregon and XU. Just brutal.

Totally blown opportunity
by EagleDore
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:12 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blown opp

I think our hitting let us down. Brutal in NCAA's.
by Go Vandy!
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

BrentVU wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:00 amRutgers, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati
These are the type of schools we should be competing against. Not MTSU, UCF, Toledo. Like a previous staff.
by vandy05
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

Rutgers, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati These are the type of schools we should be competing against. Not MTSU, UCF, Toledo. Like a previous staff. UCF went 13-0 in 2017. 12-1 in 2018. 10-3 in 2019. Nine wins last year and the year before. Since Jason Candle took over, Toledo has been to seve...
by Nashmann
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

18 3 stars....we are the ONLY SEC team so far without a 4 star...Mizzu even has two 4-stars. You can say all you want about the star system but we rarely get the numbers the other SEC teams get. Only or mostly 3 stars will keep us at the bottom of the league....
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pete Thamel: Sources: Rice targeting VU Asst. AD Tommy McClelland for AD; deal appears close to done

Big loss IMHO. It's helped immeasurably to have someone with AD experience alongside Candice Lee during her tenure and during the Vandy United campaign. I hope they fill the position with someone who will contribute just as much to fundraising and revenue generation.
by Dorewithaflare
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't save any money for bowl tickets

Same thing every year,they out saying things look so much better an then the kick-off. The o-line avg, is 324 and got their butt kicked. Swann is a lead foot, he will be sacked fifty times this season.