Search found 33 matches

Return

by dallasdore
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Myles Stute commits to South Carolina

This was all very NIL related. Here is the story I got... The Vanderbilt Collective offered Stute a deal that if he signed with another SEC team, they will sponsor him by paying $200 per missed 3 point shot and an additional $100 for each time he let a ballhandler blow by him. He figured hey, I can ...
by Versus75
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next time …

… call Before U Dig
by DS2001
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great tribute article on Coach Fred Pancoast…

From a Florida perspective as that was his first foray into the SEC. The man was ahead of his time. It’s too bad that VU didn’t give him much support. After reading this, I understand better why Steve Spurrier was such a prolific offensive mind. https://floridagators.com/news/2023/4/17/football-reme...
by Foreverhopeful
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

COMMITTED! ANCHOR DOWN! (on Twitter) https://vanderbilt.rivals.com/news/vanderbilt-lands-malik-presley?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALXetEtlhXGKq3T7VGVLYkBc5qv8h1uUJfvew1Fws33ltKklmjN4CgDlSw5PLwhLW3n27NbBRaSN0w_tcIH9qFtWadRe_z3eM1yJnFxHhRyEcz-FY4X0vu4HX...
by charlestonalum
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Tennessee game 2

FayetteDore wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:44 pm
roanoke wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 pm What did Moore do?

I turned it off in the 5th….
Ndorefin has the straight account.

The longer, earlier post has a lot of extraneous comment that rockets past the normal spectrum of rivalry hatred and into the realm of the pathological.
Pathological? This is a sports site, right,?
by Vandy187187
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

This is comical. For all the "developing" and "strong relationships" sure seems like lots of key close players with major team roles leaving Stack this year.
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's hard to know who or what to blame. Heck, every one of these transfers could represent unique individual circumstances. Malik Dia and Noah Shelby obviously didn't leave for NIL opportunities at Belmont and Rice, respectively. Neither did QMB or Trey Thomas, and I kind of doubt Myles Stute left f...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CB Ja'Dais Richard in the portal

A shame, and a bit of a mystery. He had worked his way up the depth chart, and it didn't seem like he was going to have any trouble getting playing time this fall. Mystery? Nah. Worked his way into a starting role and was able to parlay it (or get poached) into NIL $. The reminders of how virtually...
by Jason94
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

Note that CJS is understanding that regardless of whether he likes the portal or NIL, he needs to be in the game. And he knows that he can get productive players from the portal who can come in and start immediately. He just can't rely on getting 1 per season and probably needs to grab 2 or 3 each y...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trey Thomas in the portal

DoreRayMe wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:12 pm Thomas to Bowling Green per Twitter.
Must have been NIL related.
by buffy
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruce Pearl.....whoring kids in financially fragile situations is one way of going through life.

I'm sure no illegal contact happened.
by historybill
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redshirt catcher Cade Law is transferring

But the important thing, with all that is happening in the world, is that it is "God's Plan" that he walk away from the Vanderbilt baseball team in the middle of the season to play football somewhere else.

Oh my. The ego.
by PeteFox
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does NIL work?

Currently, not very well. I will predict the future here..... Consider the history of major league baseball. In the early years, the teams owned the players in virtual involuntary servitude. As the $$$ grew, the players eventually organized and for a while were in charge. Finally the players organiz...
by dallasdore
Wed May 03, 2023 2:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB to The Citadel

Something is seriously not right here. Lots of head shaking moves this off-season. And guys leaving who were going to have no problem getting loads of PT next year? WTH is going on?????
by Vandy187187
Thu May 04, 2023 6:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

I wonder if Bruce Pearl will be at Tyrin's wedding with Stack. Stack looks like a fool all this talk about his relationships with his players and they all left him for other SEC teams, the Citadel, Bowling Green, Rice, LOL and makes you scratch your head.
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri May 05, 2023 2:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chad Bishop leaving VU for Atlanta Journal-Constitution

He's been Vanderbilt Athletics' chief storyteller the last three and a half years. He's going to Atlanta to work on the Georgia Tech beat. He'll be missed.
by Lynchsr
Sat May 06, 2023 10:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commodore Caravan in Chicago

First I would like to say, the Vanderbilt marketing team nailed this event. Kevin Ingram was the event MC. There is no podcast or recording of this stop. Carter Hawkins, the Cubs GM, is a former Vandyboy ('07) and that was the connection for the event being held at 1914 Club inside Wrigley. Carter s...
by Jason94
Thu May 11, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

If you think there is someone better out there for us…..good luck with that! Do you think that making the NCAA tournament is a pipe dream, and that only with extreme luck we can get there? I think that we will need to build and retain a legit SEC roster with much less NIL money than any other SEC t...
by AuricGoldfinger
Sun May 14, 2023 10:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CBS Sports: Vandy included among the losers in the transfer market

A bit premature IMO and it remains to be seen if the newcomers are better than the losses (individually or in the aggregate), but not exactly the kind of publicity you want. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-transfer-portal-deadline-takeaways-kansas-gets-better-tex...